Garage Broken into!!!

-
If it were me I would have left all the tools behind and took the Hemi.I hope they catch the SOB's.
Jim

Hmmmm, if I were to run into someone who can pick-up a Hemi and carry it out, I think I would just call him sir. He would have to be a really big. :notworth::notworth::notworth:

My garage was broken into Friday night (09-25-09)!! I had just finished moving into the house about 3 months ago!! i had not had time to unpack my garage...I am no the road a lot!! They cleaned out my tool box of all my snap-on tools!! 20 years of collecting them, and they are gone like that. I had a full top and bottom roller cabinet!! Now I just have a empty box!! They did not touch the crafstman professional tools on the bench which they climbed over, just the snap-on. They did not touch my 426 hemi, Indy mod-man intake new in the box, barry grant six shooter set-up also new in the box!! They filled up my coolers with the tools, piled them on my dolly I used for blocks and carted them out the door!! We were able to follow the dolly tracks across the field behind my house, and they then disapeared!!! Talk about being pissed!! I do not care if I ever get the tools back, I just pray that they find the SOB that did this so I can get me revenge!!!! Thanks for looking, just had to vent somewhere!!!!

You can tell they werent car guys, I'd have taken the intake too, haha. Not that i would have taken anything anyway, ya know. Sorry that this happened man :angry7:

An idea for you. Post an ad on craigslist and/or in the local paper that you are a new mechanic (or something convincing) that you need some tools, that you have cash. Make a variety list of things you need and include in it some oddball tool that you had that many might find useless. If anyone bites (via email only), arrange to meet them and have backup and someone nearby to record it. or notify the police and let them respond undercover.
Several years ago, my wife's wallet was stolen out of her purse in her classroom. I set up my own sting and helped the police catch the *@#&^. It was the MOM of one of her student's!!!! How crappy is that!
If you lose out completely, i will donate to a fund to help you replace them!

Tak a trip to a local performance shop. guaranteed somebody the owner knows will have some contacts who know of some cheap snap on tools for sale.

cudaspaz I nearly had this happen for me one time. One afternoon I got a call from the wife of the people who live next door to my storage facilities to come right over. When I get there he has a gun to the head of this thief who he has flat on the ground. Well the thief is thinking that he is going to die, so he has a bottle of old crow just guzziling it into the side of his mouth. Then he tries to get up unsuccessfully. My neighbor quickly glances at me and asks do you want me to waste him? I said no that I know who he is and will take care of it. Finally the thief makes it up and is able to stagger off in the direction of his house. When I told the neighbor that the thief was also a convicted peeping tom, he said, had he known that I would never have gotten a phone call and that he would have planted tomatoes on top of him in the garden next year. Anyway the cops picked him up down the street and took him to jail. I went to the biggest -baddest person that I figured he knew and gave him 2 hundred bills to go visit him in jail and told him to show him the money and tell him this is just to deliver this message. For two days in jail he constantly told the cops that he didn`t know anything about anything. 30 minutes after he was released he was at my house still wearing the same dirty clothes and wanted to put all of my parts back on my cars, pay me, and or give me extra parts. I told him that I did not want him back on any of my property, that I did not want any money, and that I sure did not want parts that he stole from someone else. I told him to box up my stuff and take it to the Police Station. Within an hour the PD called and said that he had just brought in three boxes and be sure to call me. Best $200.00 that I ever spent! I hope that your story has a good outcome too. Wayne

Hello people, thanks for the kind words!! I talked to my insurance agent, and they said to make a list, and he will get started on the claim!! Cops have not heard anythig yet. I really like the idea of checking craigslist!! I will get on that one tonight!! I guess it will all work out in the end. I have my house, and I have my health, I guess I actually have a lot to be greatful about!! But I will tell you this if I ever catch the little #%&*ers that did this, I'ma gonna put a hurtin on them real bad!! I have never been in trouble with the law, but you know what maybe it would be worth!! Again thanks everyone!!!

An idea for you. Post an ad on craigslist and/or in the local paper that you are a new mechanic (or something convincing) that you need some tools, that you have cash. Make a variety list of things you need and include in it some oddball tool that you had that many might find useless. If anyone bites (via email only), arrange to meet them and have backup and someone nearby to record it. or notify the police and let them respond undercover.
Several years ago, my wife's wallet was stolen out of her purse in her classroom. I set up my own sting and helped the police catch the *@#&^. It was the MOM of one of her student's!!!! How crappy is that!
If you lose out completely, i will donate to a fund to help you replace them!

never ceases to amaze me how stupid some of these people that run around stealing stuff are:angry7::angry7::angry7::angry7:my ex-wife had my leather jacket stolen from her job, the moron wore it to work a week after he stole it.....

lo,

I live in Lumberton. P.M. me if you need any help. Let me know where you live in Beaumont.

-
Back