Garage Building Question **Steel Master**

-

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
Hi all I was looking at and have been for years to get anothe garage put up. I've taken over the house garage (cant put our cars in it) with my Coronet R/T project.

Im looking to put one up out back of my house to put the Coronet in and also the lawn mower.

I thought about doing a wood built garage but they seem a bit high. I then thought about all block garage but that will probly be as high if not higher then a stick built garage.

I wanted to know has anyone used Steel Master or know of anyone who has?

Also do you know if you can paint them?

Tell me what you think of them if you have used them or seen one. Also any ideas of what other directions I should head in.

Im looking at a 20x24 or 24x24 with a 9-12 foot ceiling.

I have talked to steel master buildings in the past and they would call ever week to a month and bug me that they had this deal and that deal right now.

I was about to buy one but again the stroke happend and I was unable to do it.

Thanks for any info and help everyone.
progress.gif

well we are using strat-o-span all steel building for our 45x60x14. We haven't started assembly yet as we are waiting for the pad to be poured. It looks to be decent but we will see after we put it up.

What ever building medium you choose, go with 12' walls. I went with 10' and it's to small for a lift. Building code mandated 10' or less.

Max, Max Wedge,
Which lifts do you recommend?? I've been looking for a lift for my pole building as well <7K lbs and about $2k.

I have one of the steel buildings from US Steel. It's 25 x26 and is 12' high in the center. I have a lift in it now and can run the barracuda to the top of the lift.

I have had it since 03 and have had no issues with it. Don't know about paint

Garage-3.jpg

Garage11.jpg

LiftPicture.jpg

Nice building I like the Steel Master buildings not sure if I can get away with it in the neighborhood yet or not I think I can. Im still looking into all my options and stuff.

Thats a nice lift as well and its one I would love to have.

Im thinking of opening up a small shop as well to restore plastic parts like your dash, grills and console.

I also have a set of cracked tail lights for my R/T and Im thinking about practicing on them to reform the housing to make it look new.

I will have to wait till warm weather to do any of this stuff (2-3 feet of snow right now) cause most of the stuff wont set up right in the cold.

Keep the info coming.

Before I put up the US Steel building I got quotes for a conventional construction and pre-fab garages. I neither had the time, experience or ambition to tackle conventional construction my self.

Anyway, to get a garage with a 12 ft ceiling I was getting quotes in the $75K range for a turn key finished garage. The $12k advertised prices for pre-fab garages sky rocketed when I wanted a 12 ft ceiling. By the time I was done with the floor, electric and the building it was pushing $30k.

The steel building was less than $9k complete.

To me a pole barn is when you drive pressure treated timbers into the ground and build a roof over the timbers and attach siding to them. In my area you can't get a building permit for that type of constuction anymore.

This is a 30 X 40 x 10 building I had put up Nov 2006......the supplier of materials is Advanced Post Frame System out of Bridgeville Deleware. I had a total of $20,000 in the whole project, materials, (including doors) concrete (6") & labor.....in my opinion one of the best deals I ever made....quality trussed plated roof & side panels, 6 x 6 treated post on 6" OC bolted to 1/4" thick powder coated U brackets which are bolted to concrete floor with 6.5" lag bolts into concrete anchors. 30000 PSI concrete with fiber strand and machine finish. 45 lb per sq.ft. snow load, able to withstand 120 mph winds.

100_1692.jpg

100_1697.jpg

100_1694.jpg

100_1693.jpg

100_0295.jpg

100_0285.jpg

100_0288.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o232/dmoore05/100_0293.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o232/dmoore05/100_1104.jpg

100_1109.jpg

100_1114.jpg

Thanks everyone I have to say, with Dr. PyTom and Master Lemma, this forum must be one of the most academically-led Now with this extra time freed up from thesis work, I can get back to a certain project _

-
Back