Garage clean up

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
not sure if anyone else has ever had the feeling of stuffiness in your garage ...my garage has accumulated so much clutter that i spent all weekend cleaning up and re-arranging.

re-arranging and cleaning out tool boxes and just about every corner of the place.

so car work has been stopped for shop clean up.

anyone else spring cleaning up your garage/shop?

I did about a month or so ago. Makes me feel a LOT better when I walk through the door. Take pics to show us what you are up against.

yes i started to clean mine out but most of the stuff need up in the shed now i have to clean out the shed. or should i say my son has to

I truly need a shed. My garage gets overrun with snow blowers, lawn mowers, bicycles, wagons, and other non car stuff!

My shop is 40'x60'. I got room for one car. And my son parks there. I don't know where I'm gonna put the dart when and if it ever comes back from the painter.

I'm in the process of cleaning and setting up my shop and I think I have OCD! I really can't wait to tear into my Swinger, but I don't even wanna touch it and move it into the new shop until I have it all setup. I already have two bedrooms full of new parts ,haha. With all the sheetmetal I have I can build myself a dart bed! A storage shed would be a great idea...

I haven't yet, but I need to. Everytime I go into the shop with intentions on cleaning it up I just say "F-it" and turn the light out and shut the door.

I can't stand my garage being dirty! I sweep almost every time I go in there, and don't think that I have a problem?????

Sharing a 1 car garage with Wife's DD.Arizona heat too hot for it to set out very long so guess which one is relegated to the heat when it's not being worked on.My routine is to back DD out, pull Dart in, work on it for a few hours,pull it back out clean up my mess and find somewhere for all the stuff I stripped off the car, put my tools away and pull DD back in then repeat same crap next time.I sure miss my 40x52 shop I had in Colorado.I kept it pretty organized even with all that room.I even mopped the floors once every 2 weeks.

Aahhh RANI, you could come organize my garage if you can get in it!!!

Like mentioned, I open the door, look inside at the mess and close it!!!

I did about a month or so ago. Makes me feel a LOT better when I walk through the door. Take pics to show us what you are up against.

well i feel shame showing my mess but to show what im up against.......i started stacking engines in a corner and then other ppl come along and put stuff on top then i put more stuff and next thing i know ....wow disaster

under all that mess is a running cop 360, 2 440s and a 318 mule engine.

and the red workbench should be clear at all times and i have just been putting stuff there and not coming back to clean and wow ....disaster (bad bad bad )

at least my desk is still clear or i would be going totally crazy.

Attachments

• CIMG2613.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 194
  • CIMG2614.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 199
  • CIMG2615.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 186
Spring cleaning?!?! LOL + LMAO !!

I have to do a MONTHLY cleaning. And there's no help from my daughters boyfriend with his stuff in there. Ugh! Kicking him out in the next two weeks. LOL!

Spring cleaning?!?! LOL + LMAO !!

I have to do a MONTHLY cleaning. And there's no help from my daughters boyfriend with his stuff in there. Ugh! Kicking him out in the next two weeks. LOL!

LMAO I would too unless its mopar stuff, then high jack it and kick him out,
Sounds like a good plan to me

I call it constant cleaning!! Seems that's all i do in the garage sometimes, promising myself that ill keep it clean this time!! I'm especially bad about my shipping desk, I try to keep it clear to just pack and ship items, but its so darned handy when its clean it just attracts projects!!

I vow to get my garage clean this weekend and get to work on the floor pan for the 66!!! Yea, that's what I'm gonna do!! Geof

Went through culture shock,and reality. Had a 1200 sq.ft. shop,19 years. Unemployment, forced decisions. Back to a one car garage. The wild part,have always got more vehicles finished quicker there. Must be the familiarity......

i HAd to clean mine out and mop it was going to have daughter conformation party in it well had that at the church and it is trash once again. but i can say that me and my son just about have the high pinion dana 60 ready to go in to the front of the jeep and the ford sterling just needs spring paddes
img_1286.jpg

just need to make the spring mounts templates and send them to a friend to fab up

Funny that you should ask this! Our washing machine crapped out so we bought a new one. My brother-in-law helped me move it into the basement. I was embarrassed about the huge mess he saw in my basement, so I vowed to clean and organize it. Well, I needed shelving from the garage to use in storing the basement items, so I had to now clean and organize the garage partway thru the basement job! Then some items from the basement truly belonged in the shed, but that was a pile o mess too, so I had to clean and organize that too (again while the basement job awaited completion). Then while walking thru the pantry, I thought a few items in there belonged In the basement, so that room got cleaned and organized too. Bottom line, the basement just got finished yesterday after three full months of work!!! I do feel great and proud that all of these areas are clean and organized. Ive lived here for 27 years, so the messes were truly vast in magnitude. Never before have I cleaned and organized so many rooms, and so thoroughly too. My neighbors asked me if we were moving because they saw huge piles of junk left out for the trash man for many weeks in a row.

Maybe I had OCD, or maybe I just had too much free time on my hands.

It's a constant battle. Tearing a 70 duster apart and liquidating my collection of Dodge truck parts at the same time. Every time I get it cleaned up - it clutters back up seemingly overnight! LOL! I need to get rid of my truck frame and put my tractors back in the other garage! Maybe this weekend, after I plant the garden and get the plants out of the garage stall!!!

I open the big roll up door and pulled Victoria out and I see I have cleaned and put all my tools up Saturday and said to myself.. Self :glasses7: we are going to get something dun this evening :cheers:
while watching some drag racing flipping back and forth to nascar
Leaning over the fender marked where the rotor was pointing and removing my old distributor and wires, stood up and BAM!! my lower back said never to where these anymore :banghead: I will get it dun this coming Friday
I was glad I did clean and put things in there place about 2 weeks ago :toothy9: it makes it easier to start a new project. Ice pack and a couple cold drinks while watching some racing :D

Attachments

• May 19 2013 in the nest 029.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 118
  • May 19 2013 in the nest 032.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 112
not sure if anyone else has ever had the feeling of stuffiness in your garage ...my garage has accumulated so much clutter that i spent all weekend cleaning up and re-arranging.

re-arranging and cleaning out tool boxes and just about every corner of the place.

so car work has been stopped for shop clean up.

anyone else spring cleaning up your garage/shop?

I do my clean up as needed, but did make a stack of parts im trying to sell to finance my.project. Working in the aircraft industry we do cleanup every day, and tool inventory all the time so this becomes routine in my shop. Its not as neat as if like but everything is in its place, and the floor is kept swept up.

If you keep after it as you go, it tends to be easier to clean up.

-
Back