............garmin updates...........

-

oldkimmer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
...........Has any1 updated their 255 garmin........they want $104.00 cdn 4 the update, thats crazy as i can buy a newer, better model 4 about $150.00 cdn..........i would like 2 keep mine instead of getting new, then haveing 2 throw out the old 1............can some1 help me out....thanks.....kim.......

I updated my 760, worse thing I ever did. The thing crashes and freezes up on a very regular basis. Contacted Garmin and there solution was to reset it. Have to reset it pretty much everytime I use it.....

They make it so that the map updates are only able to be installed on your unit. That way you can't split the cost with other people. You're kind of stuck with what you have, paying the fee, or upgrading to a new unit.

..............Well i kinda figured it was that way.........mine has been giving me some wrong directions lately, its like it has a bad case of the stupeids.,...........what do u guys recommend, as i dont want a repeat of this again..................thanks.........kim.......

it can be done. my son found it on line and upgraded mine for free and it works fine.i dont know were he found it but its posible.

I had the same issues with my Garmin regarding updates.

I waited until a Tom Tom came on sale and bought it.

Not only can you update but, they also have something called map share

which is free.

My dad had the same problem with his (tom tom). He travels all over the country for work and really needed the updates, but almost the same price as new. His birthday was coming up so I bought him a new one. As a bonus, he gave me the old one a month later. It's not perfect, but good enough for when I need it.

I just did mine...
Maps available for download on line
If you don't want to do it that way...

Send it to me in Winnipeg and I will be happy to upgrade to the 2010 map for you. NO charge..

Ken

...........That sounds great Ken.........Can u point me in the right direction for the down loads?.........thanks............kim.........

never update mine, I dont think its worth it, just learn to ignore it when its being stupid, I figure I will use it till it breaks or get stolen and buy a new one,
any one know what the life expectancy of one of these gadgets is anyway? had mine over three years now, dont expect it to last much longer

...........That sounds great Ken.........Can u point me in the right direction for the down loads?.........thanks............kim.........

Search for
Garmin City Navigator North America (2010) unlocked torrent

you also need to find Mapsource program files , so it can burn a map with the provinces and states you want.. depending on the size available on the garmin

Hope that helps.. if not I have all the software on my computer .. offer stands if you send it to me!!

-
Back