gas cap

-
Yea he does. I ordered one myself a while back and its definatly worth every cent. 8)

RD

I usually buy mine from Pep Boys or similiar for about $10, thats all I can afford because some people think they are donations.

Damraider does your have provisions for a lock and key?

I created my own locking gas cap by taking out one out the screws around the fill tube and running it from the inside of the trunk out.
To unlock it you will have to open your trunk and unscrew the one screw from the inside
to get your cap off.

I also added a small piece of metal on the inside of the cap to catch on the protruding screw.

This is effective and it keeps the stock look of your car. I doubt even a car show judge would catch it.

Thanks guys , my cap does not lock but I like the idea of using one of the screws from the trunk to lock it in place . Seems like it might be hard to line it up though ....

Steve

I have this one that I won't be using. I bought it from Air ride and then had to machine the adapter ring to make it fit our early A's. If anyone is interested, just give me what I got into it $75 shipped...

100_1751.jpg

You don't have to line it up exactly, just be close enough to prevent the cap from turning too far.

Once you put the screw through from the inside "finger tight" it will mark the inside of the gas cap for you. Tape a thick washer there and make sure it clears everything, then Epoxy it at that spot.

You may be able to find a screw at ACE hardware with a wing nut head.

Your link only goes to the main web page.....not an individual item. Basically, the '67-early '70 cap is different than the '66 and older cap.

Hey Steve, just bought 2 from ebay from you for me and my girlfriends 64 Valiants. Wish you made them years ago. Too late to save the paint. But gas is to expensive to dump out the side anymore.

Valiantsignet20 , cool , I will get them out in Monday's Priority mail . Let me know what you think when you get them .

Thanks again,

Steve

The people that have bought the one for damraider.............could I talk you into posting pictures of it installed on your cars please? Thanks.

I just ordered one, but I would still like to see some pictures if you guys would please.

The people that have bought the one for damraider.............could I talk you into posting pictures of it installed on your cars please? Thanks.

I just ordered one, but I would still like to see some pictures if you guys would please.

Here ya go:
IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

Sits flush with the body and seals up super tight. Definitely a good buy.

Received caps today. Man these are great with a little polishing they look better then the rest of the trim work. Had to shim the bar a little to get it to twist on my black car but that is because the neck is fubar'd. Have you thought of doing other parts with a cnc? Like taillights, 1/4 trim, pot metal in general. Thanks Steve.

Have you thought of doing other parts with a cnc? Like taillights, 1/4 trim, pot metal in general. Thanks Steve.

I am always looking for the next project .... some of that stuff would be pretty expensive to remake though .

Steve

-
Back