[WANTED] gas cap

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
You...........need..........to........specify........the...........year.............model...............

They pretty much all look like that on the outside. The back is more interesting. And important, if you actually want it to fit and not rattle around

attachment.php

Thanks 72, that's the very photo I had in mind. 70-71 might be iffy I believe some of the 70's (CA) had what amounts to a 71 cap. Depends on whether they had the evap emissions 'stuff'

Thanks 72, that's the very photo I had in mind. 70-71 might be iffy I believe some of the 70's (CA) had what amounts to a 71 cap. Depends on whether they had the evap emissions 'stuff'

Yeah that picture has been floating around for awhile. Another member here made it, I just re-post it any time I see a gas cap problem thread. :D

The '71 caps were weird. They came on some of the late '70 California emissions cars, but didn't come on some of the other early '71's or even the late '71's. All I really know is that they're not that easy to find, and usually expensive. Which is why I sourced a later filler neck for my EL5 GT.

Hi all, thanks a lot for all comments
Brazilian dart looks like 68-69 US dart

I took this photo from the filler

DSC09426.JPG

My Dart model in Brazil is very rare.
First, this model does not have accessories. As consequence, in 90's, this model was the first to go to junkyards.

The Dart SE (brazil) was made to be cheap. That's the reason the gas cap does not have keys!

my friend sent me this photo a few minutes ago. He said this is the one he is using on the green car (first photo)

Attachments

• gascap.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 157
I just drove my car down to NAPA. They had several to choose from. They let me try them until I found one that fit. Fits my 70 Duster perfectly. Just had to repaint it because it came in chrome. Try part numbers 703-1209 and 703-1043. One is ten bucks and the other is 12. There may be more part numbers as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 150
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back