Gas cap

-

4spd mod

Reaction score
I have a 69 Barracuda with what I believe is a 68 style gas cap on it. No fuel script. My car has an early buid date of 9/10, so I wonder if they would have been trying to use up some left over 68 parts? Thanks for any input.

Possibly, but I'll say with it being 54 years old that it was swapped. Look at the "security" screws that attach it.

Yeah the car has been painted a few times so no security screws anymore. Guess I am just looking for a reason not to pay for a correct one if I don't have to.

Yeah the car has been painted a few times so no security screws anymore. Guess I am just looking for a reason not to pay for a correct one if I don't have to.
Then don't! There, wasn't that easy? lol

I have a 69 Barracuda with what I believe is a 68 style gas cap on it. No fuel script. My car has an early buid date of 9/10, so I wonder if they would have been trying to use up some left over 68 parts? Thanks for any input.
Until you find an earlier '69 with a "FUEL" cap, I'd just use it if it's nice. Who's going to argue the point?

I see one early photo of '69 models that appears to have the smooth cap, but, it's not the best photo.

-
Back