Gas filler tube question

-

Steven190

Reaction score
Since my gas filler, with a vent tube, was badly corroded I replaced it with a new one, My question is since the new one does not have the vent tube connection, can I use it with vented cap instead or do I have to weld in a vent tube connection?

Well, no, it's not. You will at some point enjoy the scenario of fuel puking all over the side of the car. Please take the time to weld in a fitting and do this right

What is the one you are going to use out of? There were several different caps used "over the years" of the smogger caps. I want nothing to do with any of 'em if I can help it. If this were me, I'd also silver braze something in the filler / tank for a 3/8 return fitting "just in case" future return, regulator or even EFI

Vent cap is fine. It will not PUKE ALL OVER THE CAR if you don't fill the tank. If you car doesn't have a vent in the gas cap drill a 1/8 hole.

Vent cap is fine. It will not PUKE ALL OVER THE CAR if you don't fill the tank. If you car doesn't have a vent in the gas cap drill a 1/8 hole.

Geezus freekin Chraaiuuuset on a krutch.

DO IT RIGHT Put the vent in the thing so you DO NOT RUIN THE PAINT

Yeh. THAT's what I want. Not to be able to fill the tank. ****

I got a Van's but no vent tube connection.

To add one is not problem, but was wondering if anyone was just running a cap. I am a ways off from putting it on the car.

Thanks for the replies

-
Back