Gas gauge started working all of a sudden.

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Took the swinger for a spin tonight.

The gas gauge worked for the first time since I bought the car a couple weeks ago.

It rained the past two days and I had the car covered with a waterproof tarp outside.

The roads were wet and this was the first time I drove the car with the roads wet.

I also used the defroster for the first time to defog the windshield.

I'm just trying to figure out what I did different to get it to work.The rain stopped and the roads dried up a bit during the last leg of my trip, and I looked down to notice the gas gauge was again, not working, pegged empty like usual.

Dangit, I thought it fixed itself like my headlights did.

I gotta start playing with connectors I guess.

Check Your Gas Tank And See If There Is A Ground Strap Attached At The Connection Where The Fuel Line Attaches To The Sending Unit.if It Does Not Have One Make One From A Piece Of Copper Wire And Atach It Where Previously Stated.if It Does Have A Ground Strap Make Sure Connections Are Bare Metal.i Have Used This Method Using 5/16 Hose Clamps With The Copper Wire.and It Works Every Time.if It Don't Work Your Float Is Bad.but Since It Worked A Little While You Can Cancel A Bad Float

It could also be part of your dash not grounding either. The plug from the harness could have a dirty spot etc..But the first thing to check on is the ground piece like stated that jumps from around the rubber line at the tank. Even if it's there doesn't mean it's making contact. Try cleaning both ends.

-
Back