Gas in Oil Pan

-

wazoo64

Reaction score
Anyone flood the carb and cause gas to get into the pan?
It looks like that's what has caused my new hyd lifters to start failing. We were trying to figure out why I was having valve lash issues and think the oil got trashed from a carb problem.
Anyone else have this happen?
The engine was built right and only has 1500 miles. My builder ripped me a new one for allowing the engine to flood and said in his words "that's death to an engine"
I only drove maybe a couple hundred miles with the dirty oil but I hope it didnt cause major damage.

Man, that would take alot of flooding. I would take a serious look at replacing the fuel pump. It's more likely you blew the seal in the pump.
The're cheap........................replace it.

If you hav`nt got that carb straightend away by now, yes it can do damage. It can wash all oil off cylnder walls. drain oil, get your fuel system fixed. I don`t know how bad it could affect lifters, but you could test lift heights, on rockers. My builder chose stock cast rings, stateing if I had a ritch carb it would hold up better than chrome molys. and I`m glad he did8)

ya, my oil had gas also, just drain and refil. and keep checking everyonce in awhile. Can ruin cam bearings

This is definitley not a fuel pump issue.
Joe Sherman sent the lifters in to comp for analysis...Either way I will replace the lifters and he is going to perform a leakdown test. He builds his engines loose and I wish I would have known about this potential problem. Joe likes the oil changed every 90 days no matter how much driving is done. I guess I will keep that oil fresh from now on.

What carb are you running Wazoo?Has it been worked over?Also I love your car!Very Classy look!!I never see any 64 ragtops around here.

What carb are you running Wazoo?Has it been worked over?Also I love your car!Very Classy look!!I never see any 64 ragtops around here.

Thanks.....Brand new QFT 750. It is fixed and working fine now...just got some debris in the secondary needle a while back.

-
Back