Gas is cheap

-
3.74 Here in N.C. Considering I filled my tank 3X last week at $110.00 tank I am on the verge of losing money. I guess it's time to pass the extra costs on to the customer.

mmmm....80 bucks a fill up..sounds like fun

it does sound like fun. It cost me $114.00 to fill up on Friday. Two of my trucks have 35 gallon tanks, and that was just to fill one of them!
I put $91.00 in the other one.

If you compare it to the average cost of a single ounce of ink for an ink jet printer. $23.00 average. Gas is 129 ounces a gallon. Do the math, kind of scary.

Then again, I'm not going through 20 gallons of ink or milk a week. That is the difference.

How many of us, stop a a c-store, and pick up a bottle of pop, or better yet WATER, and shell out over a buck for it. 16.9 oz bottle of Dasani water-$1.29=$9.77 per gallon. Think about it. By the way, I'm not happy with gas prices either.
lol that's the exact same argument I always make when people complain about gas being a buck ten a litre- "but then you pay two bucks for a bottle of water and don't complain".

Gas is cheap, it has always been. Its the taxes and speculation that drives the price up.

As for bottled water, it is purely wasteful in most situations. Energy and materials ware wasted to make the disposable bottles that most people do not recycle. Tax dollars are wasted on government inspectors and regulators who monitor the water production/bottling. Fuel is wasted transporting the water by truck. And more energy is wasted keeping the product cooled for days while on the shelf waited to be purchased.... :banghead:

Water filters make more sense to me. A good filter attached to most household/business water systems makes just as high quality water. Just put it in a reusable container and your set.

You can not compare the gas prices to other countries.The price of gas in the us go to the rich. the money for gas in other countries go,s to heath care ,insurance, registration,collage,etc.Most americans don,t even check to see thats going on overseas.
Didn't happen last time, after the 70 and 80 gas shortages, gas hog suv's were the rage

Come 2030 history may repeat itself

I looked into buying a 500 gallon bulk tank and purchasing gas at a discount from a local supplier, but never got around to it....kinda wish I had now. SW Michigan = $3.99/gal.

O'blamo has gone on record that he wants gas to go to $12.00 a gallon. I guess he'd rather give his muslim brothers the money for terrorism instead of drilling in the USA and expects all of us to buy Government Motors (GM) Volts.

Here where I am, I pay $1.65 a litre for petrol, and $3.50 for a 2 litre bottle of milk......thats over $100 every 2 weeks or so when I fill up....doing about 400km of town driving in a 4.0 litre 6 cylinder with 205 rwhp and about 1500 kg of car..................so thats $6.10 a US gal for petrol, $6.48 a gal for milk, and 3300 lb car.
As for Hybrid cars....... [ame="http://youtu.be/badoMjA_rW0"]302 Found[/ame]
[ame="http://youtu.be/xqY8FUDcATE"]302 Found[/ame]

Horses for courses.

thats wonderful. but i don't use ink to get to and from work and i din't have to fill my ink two or three times a week.. :)

I telecommute occasionally, which means I can write off the ink,...can't do that for gas,...(unfortunatly)

Jomoper, I like your "the glass is half full attitude" more smiles per gallon... right on. I ride my motorcycle to and from work in the warmer weather for the smiles per gallon too.

Local supermarket chain. Giant. Gives ten cents a gallon off, up to thirty gallons. For every hundred in groceries you buy. As of Sunday I am up to eighty cents a gallon off.

-
Back