Gas mileage friendly 360 hahaha

-

mopowermatt

mopowermatt
Reaction score
I know it won't get that good of gas mileage but what do you think about driving around with a smaller than normal carb during the week maybe a 550 or something and then every now and then putting on the 750. I like to drive my cars a lot and here in san diego the 91 is like 2.70 a gallon. And if I do get a 550 and drive it around how much power will I loose and will it still be fun, cause I want to smash on some fools every now and then if someone catches me slippin.

Here is my current setup.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=8738

oh I also recently got a 8 3/4 rearend for my dart. it has 3.91's and a suregrip. I'm happy about that. I can't wait to put it in this weekend. I'm going to put my headers and stuff in too. You guys want to see some pictures or what???

If your engine is well tuned, I don't think just changing to a smaller carb would help too much. Changing your driving style would make a much bigger impact on milage.

Matt;

Your gas mileage with that combo will only be discribed by these word(s).
"It Blows" or "It sucks" or etc.....
A better carb for a gas mileage and power combo is a ThermoQuad. (T-Q)
There a little tricky to set up and tune. But once you get the hang of the carb, it's a snap. The primarys run around 200 cfm while the whole package under a W.O.T. condition is about 850 cfm for the bigger of the 2 T-Q's.

2nd option is a overdrive tranny. Your current ratio multiplied by the O.D ratio is the new ratio of what it would feel like. Example here; 3.91 X .69 = 2.6979

And as described above, driving habbit.

i get 14 mpg's with my 360 driving at 3400 rpm hiway with 2 holley 4 barrels, and 3.23's witha 26" tall tire

-
Back