Gas Monkey garage Hemi swap

-
They found out the getrag 6sp wouldn't fit, didn't realize the stock 4sp could be put on with a little work (but that hemi making 485hp the 833 may not like it in stock form..) and they had a T56 6sp on the shelf - they went with the T56 not a 5 speed.. these guys also do not get paid by Discovery, just like the street outlaws guys do not get paid..

The last sentence is sarcasm..... right?

But holly hell! They took out the 340! And installed a Mexican hemi that will cruise at 70 mph and 2200 rpm with the a/c cranked and get 25 mpg! While making 385 hp! They could have spent 20k on the fossil 340 and made 10 more

Really whos building your engines..

I liked what they did...but as far as I'm concerned when they had them setting side by side I like the 2015 better. Too bad it's going to be crushed. I always thought the Challengers looked bulky compared to the Cuda anyway. Fiat knew what was going to happen and ok'd it or it wouldn't have happened in the first place.As for Rawlings....any one who has a net worth of $15 Million without inheriting it is doing something right.He gets $50,000.00 an episode from Discovery on top of that. Anxious to see finished project.

Tune in next week and I will stir the pot some more. I guess I should have watched the first 15 minutes of the show.......stupid DVR

You can pull the same HP out of a 340 if built right, Not by the *** monkeys. I bet the 340 weighs less too

But could you get 22 mpg at 70 mph with that 340 like the 392 does? :glasses7:

The gen 3 Hemis weigh 100 lbs less than a 340 small Block.

They did alright for a TV show about entertainment loosely based about cars.

All the power goes to the starter in start... interesting! LMAO

Those guys do a fine job of embarrassing themselves.

Our old mopars cylinders just spontaneously combust during start cycles.

You've got it wrong Crackedback..They start in Diesel mode and convert to gas on ignition....

Its called DUD...(Diesel under Dynamics) :p

Morons , making TV to entertain morons...We all gravitate to a level that our I.Q is comfortable with. BOBO the clown made a lot of money too, but at the end of the day, he was still just a clown.....
That 72 GTX is dog ugly when you compare what came before it...Smog box...

I thoroughly enjoyed the show and thought the one owner, 1969 GTX was sweet. My only disappointment was that Richard didn't abuse that '71 Challenger when it was done like he did the new Scat Pack car.

I can't believe they thought all this new stuff was just Gona go in with no problems.!!!??? I do motor swaps mostly LS based and there will always be grimlins somewhere no mater how well you plan. And as for the key switch power they lost me at hello... good greef

I figured we would pick back up on this. my wife left the room I was yelling at them like it was a real bad sports game. I lost it at the key switch. but it was funny how they parked it in from and said gone to lunch. That just lets you buyer beware of magnum force sends them the wrong uppers.

You can pull the same HP out of a 340 if built right, Not by the *** monkeys.

They DON'T build any engines..they put crate engines in everything so easy an "*** monkey" can do it:D:D..and i'd much rather have a 340 under my hood then some made in Mexico piece of crap!!

They DON'T build any engines..they put crate engines in everything so easy an "*** monkey" can do it:D:D..and i'd much rather have a 340 under my hood then some made in Mexico piece of crap!!

Not a very educated statement......... Maybe its assembled in Mexico but its not like it was engineered, proto-typed and tested in Mexico. Who gives a crap if it came out of another country. I love America as much as the next guy but there is a whole world outside our borders.

P.S.

You can't build a 340 that will make the same power, mileage, dependability and driveablity as the 3rd gen Hemi for the same cost if at all. Its just old tech vs. new tech man.

Not a very educated statement......... Maybe its assembled in Mexico but its not like it was engineered, proto-typed and tested in Mexico. Who gives a crap if it came out of another country. I love America as much as the next guy but there is a whole world outside our borders.

P.S.

You can't build a 340 that will make the same power, mileage, dependability and driveablity as the 3rd gen Hemi for the same cost if at all. Its just old tech vs. new tech man.

For $17k i'll get a 340 built wth more power easy and it'll be dependably..dependability on that MEXICAN hemi says who??..MOPAR /FIAT they just came out,give it time i'm sure they'll be plenty of recalls on those fugly looking things!!..like i asked before who building your engines??..

For $17k i'll get a 340 built wth more power easy and it'll be dependably..dependability on that MEXICAN hemi says who??..MOPAR /FIAT they just came out,give it time i'm sure they'll be plenty of recalls on those fugly looking things!!..like i asked before who building your engines??..

17k??? :wack:

Are you talking bout the Hellcat???

because the rest of us are talking about the 392 Hemi that is about 6k to 8k depending on the source. Those motors will go 200,000 miles easy before needing a rebuild get 22 to 25 MPG and make over 450 HP...

Who is building your 340's?

17k??? :wack:

Are you talking bout the Hellcat???

because the rest of us are talking about the 392 Hemi that is about 6k to 8k depending on the source. Those motors will go 200,000 miles easy before needing a rebuild get 22 to 25 MPG and make over 450 HP...

Who is building your 340's?

Sorry got sidetracked ..Yes,i'm talking about the hell cat motor...392 will go 200,000 really you know of one?? 450 thats it.. can get 450 from a 340 without even trying:D:D

I love 340s, but even so, they were not built in the usa either........ all were built in Canada IIRC

settle down cupcake. never said you cant make the power with the 340 but you for sure wont touch the mileage. your old school i get it. ya know once upon a time the world was flat and they laughed at a guy that wanted to try something new.

as for my engine builders:

my current engine is a 383 that was done up by Doug's Racing stables here in Washington State.

My new build will be done by Jim Larroy of Larroy racing engines.

Question.......

Isn't calling a builder and telling them what you want then sitting back and waiting for them to build it alot like ordering a crate motor?

Sorry got sidetracked ..Yes,i'm talking about the hell cat motor...392 will go 200,000 really you know of one?? 450 thats it.. can get 450 from a 340 without even trying:D:D

Ever seen a 485hp 340 go 200,000 miles? Well I'm sure you have but I wonder if anyone else has seen this unicorn?

-
Back