Gas pedal and floor bracket info

-

Beams

Reaction score
Good evening—the gas pedal and floor bracket in my v8 65 Dart was rotted out and essentially gone by the time I got the car. I was digging through my parts, and found what looks like a v8 pedal, but no bracket.

Is it possible to pull the two apart? Kind of looks like the pedal and bracket don’t go back together. I’m mostly trying to figure out how the pieces work, and if it’s worth trying to source the bracket.

IMG_3226.jpeg

IMG_3227.jpeg

IMG_3228.jpeg

Bracket bolts to the floor. Pivot pin slides out of V8 pedal (I imagine /6) as well

The pedal does not connect to the throttle pivot. The bottom of the factory pedal is hinged and the hinge bolts to the floor. The back of the pedal is in contact with the linkage pivot arm, but it is not connected- it simply pushes against it.
1701045626074.png

Picture courtesy of Commando66 .

The pedal does not connect to the throttle pivot. The bottom of the factory pedal is hinged and the hinge bolts to the floor. The back of the pedal is in contact with the linkage pivot arm, but it is not connected- it simply pushes against it.
View attachment 1716171174
Picture courtesy of Commando66 .
Understood! My problem is at at the hinge. So from what @Bogie said, seems like I need to figure out how to make my current hinge bracket useful, or place a wanted ad for a functioning hinge bracket.

IMG_3230.jpeg

IMG_3231.jpeg

I'm not quite seeing what is not usable about the hinge bracket you have. It kinda looks to me like part of the old accelerator is still in the bracket. Pull the pin out and pry the old accelerator part out. The fresh accelerator just sits in the hinge bracket and pivots on the pin. Nothing moves in the bracket itself.

I'm not quite seeing what is not usable about the hinge bracket you have. It kinda looks to me like part of the old accelerator is still in the bracket. Pull the pin out and pry the old accelerator part out. The fresh accelerator just sits in the hinge bracket and pivots on the pin. Nothing moves in the bracket itself.
Thank you!! It was rusted together. A little tweaking, and I got the pin out. Bracket ears seems pretty weak/delicate, but maybe that’s normal. Seems easy enough to fabricate if I needed to.

IMG_3232.jpeg

@Beams

Would you mind posting photographs of the floor attachment point and the firewall where the bracket attaches? I'd be grateful

Looks like you're missing the spring clip that holds the pin in place. Here's a couple of photos of how one looks that isn't rusted to death.

20231128_131026.jpg

20231128_131112.jpg

Just want to sort of close this loop—1/4” clevis pin fits great. I may fabricate a new floor mount, but that’s for another day.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

-
Back