Gas prices

-
HealthCare isn't free,, My wife and I are retired and pay $125.50 a mo ,, My son's a carpenter and pays $66.50 a mo.... PS,.. I hear you folks (US) can deduct your mortgage interest off your income tax,, that true ??

That's almost free compared to here. If you don't have employer-sponsored health insurance you can easily pay over $1000/month for a half-assed individual high-deductable health policy.

And yes, you can usually deduct motgage interest from your taxes.

PS,.. I hear you folks (US) can deduct your mortgage interest off your income tax,, that true ??
In 2014 a married couple has to pay $14k in interest before the mortgage deduction is enough to offset their standard deduction. So. In other words. You'd have to be less than five years into a $450k mortgage in order for it to really be worth it. Unless you had some other serious deductions to claim. It's definitely not much of a perk for the middle class.

And I thought this thread was about gas prices. I paid $2.96 gal at Dillons in Springfield, Mo. yesterday.

We're at our lowest in quite a while. $3.51 a gallon.

I'll go out on a limb and say that NY will never be under $3.00 a gallon ever again.

Here in Tennessee it's right around $3 give or take five cents.
Haven't looked at the cost to produce gasoline in about fifteen years but the cost to bring it to consumers in various areas was very small, less than five cents a gallon ( that was US compared to Europe).
Gasoline is taxed rather heavily, I don't think that's necessarily wrong as a "useage" tax but I just want to know what the tax is when I'm paying for it.

paid the equivalent of $4.47 per gallon yesterday to fill up the Dart

however we were in Rome two weeks ago and gas was 1.90 euro per gallon... THATS $9.47. We saw alot of scooters and one guy bootin down the centre of the city on an ATV. Lots of small diesel cars and not one pick truck.

It is.

Are they a discounter, or a regular gas station? Chain?

Dillons is a supermarket chain, owned by Kroger. $2.99 is the regular price. .03 discount with a card. Most stations in Springfield were $3.02-3.04 gal yesterday.

No Shells near me, though there is a chain of grocery stores that give a ten cents a gallon discount for every $100 in groceries you buy. That easy enough to do with the price of everything lately. Those gas points can total up over a period of months to redeem. I've seen people save up the gas points and only pay fifty cents a gallon. Of course, that's no loss for the company since they've made their profit in the store.

Sometimes they'll double gas point rewards on certain items. We only buy those if they're needed.

They'll also do family meal deals like buy a ham and get ten items of side dishes for "free." Sometimes they'll attach the double gas points to those items, which works out well.

Down here the large Supermarket chains (namely Publix and Kroger, and a few other smaller chains) have taken on the Convenience stores by adding gas stations in their parking lots.

Essentially they are now giant size convenience stors with a whole heel of a lot more products, and grossly better prices. lol...

$3.22 at the beaches in Delaware. I'm sure the rest of the state is $0.10 cheaper.

Diesel has been pretty steady and $3.46 Gal @ Murphys (Walmart) this is a 15 cent a Gallon discount if you use a Walmart cc, 10 cents a gallon discount if you buy a gas card in the store. Everybody and their brother has a truck in Texas. Paid $3.39 a Gallon for 93 octane last night for the Cuda @ Kroger and that's with 30 cents a gallon customer loyalty/reward points discount. This is North Texas and prices vary over the state.

***While there was a lot of controversy, I hear we are getting a 100 pump station soon in the area I think it's gonna be a Total (French Co. )that I believe is wanting to increase their presence in the area and their auditors have been a P.I.T.A. at work recently.Hopefully area residents (especially me) Lol, can benefit from the gas wars that will result and I can RAISE HELL more then one day a week. Interesting thread and I guess we got it pretty good in the U.S. compared to other locations. I do think its like 30 cents a gallon in Iraq but no Mopar's there and I hear it's not the safest place to live.

Dillons is a supermarket chain, owned by Kroger. $2.99 is the regular price. .03 discount with a card. Most stations in Springfield were $3.02-3.04 gal yesterday.

I saw a few stations that had it at 2.99 and I paid 3.41 for diesel in Lebanon yesterday.

-
Back