gas tank ground wire?

-
I don't think there was one. There's a clip that clips onto the sender outlet, jumps over the rubber connector hose, and clips to the fuel line going up front. That is "supposed" to ground the thing.

I'd just use small fuel hose clamp on the sender outlet, clamp a wire to that and ground it to the body.

I don't think there was one. There's a clip that clips onto the sender outlet, jumps over the rubber connector hose, and clips to the fuel line going up front. That is "supposed" to ground the thing.

I'd just use small fuel hose clamp on the sender outlet, clamp a wire to that and ground it to the body.

Thanks! I'm just wanting to make sure it's a clean connection since my gas gauge is not working.

Use a set of jumper cables for the "test". Clip them on the tank and to a good ground. THEN, if it still doesn't work, remove the wire from the sender and stick a small Phillips screwdriver into the plug and ground it. If the fuel guage reads "full" you have a ground issue, a bad sender, or a sunken float. If it doesn't, your problem is in the dash wiring or the line back to it.

The little clip deal works as long as things are clean. That ground trick of yours is genius. Stupidsimplesofrickenobviouswhydidn'tIeverthinkofit genius. Thank you for that tip.

-
Back