Gas Tank Leak

-

71dart

Reaction score
Went to my first car show of the year yesterday, kinda the maiden voyage. During the winter I did a minitub and spring relocation and low and behold yesterday my passneger side spring rubbed a small hole in the gas tank. I guess today I will be sliding the tank over a little and repairing the tank. It reallsucked yesterday sitting at the show watching that expensive gas $2.18 gal. in Hannibal, drip on the ground. :( :eek:ops:

that sucks dose this happin with all the rleo kits on cars or is it just a dart thing? :twisted:

I suspect it is a dart thing. I moved my springs into the framerail and I knew it would be tight but I forgot about it until yesterday. I will slide my tank over a couple inches to the driver side where I have room tommorrow. If anyone has a better idea I am willing to listen.

Mike

Hey 71Dart,

That does suck. But it could have been much worse. What if the gas had of caught on fire? That would really suck.

Jack

Coyote Jack said:
Hey 71Dart,

That does suck. But it could have been much worse. What if the gas had of caught on fire? That would really suck.

Jack

I was thinking the same thing, just think of it as a second chance :wink:

Start saving. Ive got $500 into it with a cheep holley red pump and dont know if I have al the fittings I need. :?

White Zombie - before you commit to a cell, let me move my tank a little and see how that works. I'm sure it is a very small inconvenience. I will try to take pics and post before and after.

Mike

pics would be great but i need to get my tank cleaned so i dont really care fo it at all so i was thinking for the the 340 in the future if i ever get one

quick fix: go to a truck stop and get some of that putty that they put on their tanks to stop leaks, then just run all the gas out and the purge it and fix it...
or just siphon it out and fix it...
but dont kill yourself trying to weld the tank up and not have all the vapors out...
that would be a shame, a perfectly good dart all blown up.. :twisted:

im just playin, but for real, be careful.

Hows the repairs coming? I know it's tight on the passenger side as we had a interesting time running the exhaust on that side.

I do have the holes temporarily patched. I had to bend my tank side in a little to get the spring from rubbing. I could not slide the tank over like I thought, since the tank actually wraps around the spare tire well in trunk.
I think it will hold until I can take the tank off and have it welded.

While its out and your welding why not add a sump to it ?!? :mrgreen:

-
Back