gas tank location

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just finished installing the dual exhaust in my Demon. Sitting out back of the car I noticed my recently installed empty gas tank seemed to be about an inch away from the right exhaust pipe and about three inches away from the left exhaust pipe. I have it just loosely installed and have not yet installed the filler pipe. How do I find out if it needs to shift left a couple inches. Is there something it should be centered on? The straps seem to be about in the center of the two raised flat panels and not in the adjacent grooves. Is that where they belong.

See if this picture helps. You can see the offset of the gas tank to the passenger side in relationship to the rear housing....

Attachments

• Demon Build 070.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 165
Every tank I've done is offset to passenger side. You need to lower the tank and install the filler tube. Position the tank and filler neck the best you can to fit the 1/4 panel opening and trunk floor opening of your car. Right tail pipe is always closer to the tank on both my cars.

The straps don't go down in the adjacent grooves. If they did they might cut the tank in a collision.

See if this picture helps. You can see the offset of the gas tank to the passenger side in relationship to the rear housing....

Thanks for the picture. That is right about where mine sits now, so I guess I am good to go. Just looks a little strange from the rear. Thanks guys.. I will try and post a picture of mine tomorrow......

Ma Mopar knew die hard Mopar owners are loners, so she compensated for only one person being in the car by offsetting some things to balance the weight.

Like the gas tank, engine and transmission.

JK :D

by the way
Ma Mopar knew die hard Mopar owners are loners, so she compensated for only one person being in the car by offsetting some things to balance the weight.

Like the gas tank, engine and transmission.

Ya, I could never figure that out. Because the engine is in line with the transmission and so goes the drive shaft which should be inline with the rear end pumpkin, but when you look at that pumpkin it appears to be centered in the rear of the car?? How is that possible??? I can see that the engine is offset about 3" in the engine bay?? Why is the pumpkin not offset the same 3"???

JK :D

here is where my tank sits. does this look like it is where it all belongs.

Attachments

• IMG_3223_2688.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 125
Thanks, I thought I screwed something up. But I guess it appears to be the same as the above picture.

-
Back