gas tank pin hole repair

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
not sure where best forum is for this question.but will place here. i need to buy new tank for 63 dart(keeper) ,and want to sell the 2 dusters. hate to buy new tank for it as noone seems to want to pay for anyparts put on it!? this car is 72 duster,I pulled tank to repair floor and found several pinholes in upper left corner, i know, buy a new one!!! lol,.. years ago i did bandage repair with material from auto parts store. any recommendations?? i realize it rusts from inside also but for now just want to seal pinholes there on that outside corner. thanks

Water Weld (made by JB Weld).

It's designed for fixing holes in gas tanks, radiators, etc. I've used it a lot on various stuff, and I'm happy with every patch. A few of those tanks I patched, are still in use 10 years later.

I used a fiberglass repair kit for my tank I had in a Challenger. Cheap and fast.

thanks for the input. seems like i've used all those but didn't remember whats results i ultimately had, back then the cars came and went, people had a little mon ey ad spent it !! LOL

-
Back