[WANTED] Gas Tank Support Brkt

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a gas tank support bracket, the one in the trunk floor. Wanting to modify my '67 one strap set-up to a original looking 2 strap set-up.
Let me check my valiant parts car. I know it still has the brackets but I’m not sure what condition the spare tire well is in, if the well is rusted, I’ll have a bracket available. If it’s a solid well, I’d rather not cut it. I’ll let you know within the hour

There you go, at the price that AMD has them, you’d probably be better off buying one from them or the one from barracudakid.

I removed many and they are usually pretty rusted in the north east. Remember It is the spare tire that holds the weight of the gas tank. I remember seeing one rip right though the floor with a full tank. That center bolt going through the spare pulls up on the bracket and disburses the weight to the outer spare tire tub. That is why we left the spare in the trunk of the Duster. We were running a narrowed factory tank. I always make sure the spare is in place on any a-body that leaves here..

Steve 051.JPG

DSCN1695.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back