gaskets for 318 magnum head conversion?

-

68bb

Reaction score
Hello All

Trying to get a parts list together for this project. Since it's an old engine all the gaskets and seals are going to get replaced. Which brings me to my questions. I think the intake manifold must be the magnum type, are there any others that are mag instead of LA? Do you all recommend certain gaskets types that work better than others? Can they be bought as a kit in high quality or should specific gaskets be bought individually? how about seals and freeze plugs, any better quality pieces to get?

thanks

All the gaskets and seals for the block should be for the block including the head gaskets which will help seal off the oil passage in the block that no longer goes through the heads to oil the rockers. The conversion re-routes the oil for the rockers through the lifters and pushrods up to the rockers. The intake and valve cover gaskets will have to be for a Magnum because they are Magnum parts. You can use any kind of frost plugs you choose. The steel or brass will both last a long time. The factory steel ones in my car lasted 40 years before one started leaking. I am going to replace them with brass for extra insurance.
toolmanmike

-
Back