Gasoline Problems

-

TopBanana

A-Body Fanatic!
Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of the country these days, but here in the greater Baltimore metro area, all our fuel has 10% ethanol in it. One of the problems seems to be separation, so I'm really concerns about firing up the vehicles is what kind of problems this is going to cause. I Sta-Bil'd the hell out of all my vehicles that were stored for the winter but I don't know if that or just sloshing the fuel to try and "re-mix" it is gonna be enough.

Any thoughts? I know this new stuff is really wreaking havoc on boaters in the area and people w/ plastic tanks.

We've had Ethanol mixed gas for years in CT and I have never had a problem starting the car after storing it for the winter.

What Adam said. Theres also no need to "Sta-Bil the hell out of it."
A full tank sealed will last a few months. Sta-Bil will hold it best for longer.
No need to shake the car and use a stick to stir up the gas. Just go and fill up with some fresh gas.

The gas / alcohol mix will not seperate and the alcohol will actually help with removing moisture from the tank. Also alcohol does not do anything to a plastic tank approved for fuel use. I use plastic race fuel jugs with my 100% alcohol and never had a problem.

These things you mention are just "wifes tails" started by people that just don't know.

Chuck

We've had ethanol blend here for years as well. Only problem is on warmer days it vapor locks big time.

-
Back