Gator Mcklusky

-
That was a great movie. All I remember is that it was a ford product but a merc montego sounds right. It had a 4 on the floor IIRC too.

Gator drove a 1972 LTD ford. some scenes it had a columm shift auto & others had a 4-speed in the floor. Rebel Roy drove the merc., with "shake -a -puddin" riding shotgun.

I've got White Lightning on DVD and have watched it a million times.

Watch the scene where the "federal law" officers give Burt the brown see-dan. When they show the engine, it clearly only has one carb on it (with one of those old Mr Gasket "fly eye" air cleaners). For some reason, Burt says "Would you look at that. 429, dual carburetors". Kinda diminishes his characters credibility as a car guy for a second. Still an awesome movie.

That shine'll blind ya, boy.

Gator drove a 1972 LTD ford. some scenes it had a columm shift auto & others had a 4-speed in the floor. Rebel Roy drove the merc., with "shake -a -puddin" riding shotgun.

I thought that was sugar puddin'. Loved the movie. Funny as hell when the sheriff asked him if there was anything he was afraid of and he replied "only two things I'm afraid of sheriff, women and the pooolice!"

I think it was "Shaky Puddin'" to be honest. Hollywood has a history of having no clue when it comes to car talk. They think their audience won't notice if they don't get the details right. Like, when they're suposedly drinking hot coffee and they sling the cup around like it's empty - cause it is or carrying heavy stuff like it weighs nothing, because it doesn't. The one that gets me most is how they throw around gold bars like they are candy bars. Sorry for the off topic rant...

I thought that was sugar puddin'. Loved the movie. Funny as hell when the sheriff asked him if there was anything he was afraid of and he replied "only two things I'm afraid of sheriff, women and the pooolice!"

Yes, it was "suga puddin'".

I didn't know they put fow-speeds in them there big see-dans.

-
Back