Gauge Cluster Circuit Board

-

6dart9

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement gauge circuit board. It is for the Fuel and temp side. Mine has a loose peg on the temp circuit (temp gauge works intermittently) and then the peg for the lights is broken off. I was able to tighten the temp peg but would like to replace it with a new one if possible.

the part number looks like to be 2771147

I saw the other side on ebay as a nos product but don't need that side.

I'll check for that part number at my friends house he has a few circuit boards laying around just no dashes. I myself am looking for a service for my 64's dash or a replacement. Just loose pins none lost.

Ok cool Thanks!

I am going to go over to Radio Shack and see if I can get pins that might work. I would imagine you could tighten them up with some solder as long as it is not messy. then run a continuity check to see if it is touching any circuits.

I was able to tighten my temp gauge with needle nose pliers.

I've got a Black Powder Coated Rocky Mountain Gauges Pod along with a set of Autometer Lunar Series gauges I could sell for the right price !!!! I've got just over $1K invested in them !!!!:dontknow:

The pins on the back of my gauges were all loose and the female sockets in the harness plugs were all spread open badly and needed replacing, nothing really worked too well especially the dash lights. I removed all the pins and soldered wires (color coded to the wiring harness) directly onto the circuit board copper. Just used male and female spades to connect the new gauge wires to the dash wiring harness, not a factory repair or restoration but worked great!

Thats a good idea i was thinking about doing that as well. I will see if I can find one and if not then that is what i will do.

So i got the temp gauge working again by tightening the ends of the pins with needle nose pliers. Now the gauge just goes all the way to the H slowly and it is only running at 190 - 200. when it is on the H.

Any ideas?

I still need a new circuit board though so i can get the lights working since that pin broke off.

i put a 2 1/16 inch tachometer in place of the temp gauge last year since there was an aftermarket one elsewhere and it wasn't hooked up. I had a pin break off and i just cut the wire before it went into the connector and soldered it directly to the circuit board. I tried to solder the pin back on a few times but it wasn't working so i tried that. It works, I still think there are a few other wiring problems wiht my dash, but they were there before i did that.

Steve

Because the temp gauge uses a thermister in the block of the engine and the gauge is reading its changing resistance, any poor connection at the plug and pins in the dash cluster will throw the reading off. I found trying to resolder the pins back in (even if they feel tight they may not be connected well to the copper circuit trace) didn't work either, thats why I went with soldering directly to the back of the cluster, the male/female connectors makes it possible to remove the cluster from the dash in the future if needed.Good luck, if your like me, it annoyed the hell out of me when I first drove my car at night and the gauge lights were going on and off, and when I put on my turnsignal both indicators on the dash would flash, wiring and solder took care of all this mess.:cheers:

I've got a Black Powder Coated Rocky Mountain Gauges Pod along with a set of Autometer Lunar Series gauges I could sell for the right price !!!! I've got just over $1K invested in them !!!!:dontknow:

Lets see some pictures....8)

-
Back