Gauge Cluster flickering dash lights

-

ant72

Reaction score
Hi, I did search the forum for issues relating to mine and it seems like a bad ground. My issue is with the gauge cluster not mounted but plugged in the dash lights, all the switches and gauges work. When I proceed to mount the cluster the dash lights flicker, turn signals turn on. Seem the metal cluster has current.What ground should I be looking for? Thanks.

Unhook the neg on your battery for safety sake. then try taking off the AMP gauge leads and tie them together with a nut and bolt or something. Tape them off so they dont touch anything - hook up your battery and try again- that may be it. I had similar issue a few months back- bad amp gauge.

Unhook the neg on your battery for safety sake. then try taking off the AMP gauge leads and tie them together with a nut and bolt or something. Tape them off so they dont touch anything - hook up your battery and try again- that may be it. I had similar issue a few months back- bad amp gauge.

AMP gauge leads is the red and black wires connected to the cluster?

Anybody got the answer? Im interested in hearing more about this.

Year and model of car?

When the turn signals turn on, do they all flash on all 4 corners Or just the indicators in the dash cluster?

-
Back