Gauge pods anybody

-
i just screwed them into the upper dash pad on the lower side infront of the gauges that they took over for

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pviXVh2Uaq0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pviXVh2Uaq0[/ame]

Fishy,
I have entered into a relationship with the owner of what used to be Cyberdyne and Nordskog to produce two digital products for each MoPar style as the interest goes.
First I sent him a complete gauge cluster from my 73 duster. He is taking that and removing the gauges from the back and designing a circuit board that you can bolt to the back of a stock gauge cluster. Because of that the amount of information will be limited to the available openings in the stock cluster.
Then, I am in the process of getting a pristine gauge cluster which I will cut the back out of and flat back it to create a mold for carbon fiber inserts that will fit into the stock opening. The CAD drawing shows the amount of gauging I can fit into a enclosure for the factory opening in the dash.
Andrew

Fishy,
I have entered into a relationship with the owner of what used to be Cyberdyne and Nordskog to produce two digital products for each MoPar style as the interest goes.
First I sent him a complete gauge cluster from my 73 duster. He is taking that and removing the gauges from the back and designing a circuit board that you can bolt to the back of a stock gauge cluster. Because of that the amount of information will be limited to the available openings in the stock cluster.
Then, I am in the process of getting a pristine gauge cluster which I will cut the back out of and flat back it to create a mold for carbon fiber inserts that will fit into the stock opening. The CAD drawing shows the amount of gauging I can fit into a enclosure for the factory opening in the dash.
Andrew

Interesting. Please keep us posted, Andrew!

Fishy,
Andrew

Excellent! Sounds like it should be real cool. You make me wish I would have waited to restore my dash. At the time I did it last year nobody was making anything aftermarket for them and it didn't look like anyone was.

I talked to Just Dashes last year about doing this very thing --adding 2 gauge pods to my a-pillar. They quoted me a price roughly equal to one of their dash pads with the gauge pods built in. Ridiculously expensive!

I talked to Just Dashes last year about doing this very thing --adding 2 gauge pods to my a-pillar. They quoted me a price roughly equal to one of their dash pads with the gauge pods built in. Ridiculously expensive!

Jeez!! some companies are bad about that. I have a few projects on the burner and will probably get back on this in a month or 2. I think I've decided to make my own using plastic pvc pipe cut at the right angle and epoxied to the A-pillar trim and finishing it with carbon fiber.

-
Back