Gauge wiring

-

MassDart

Lifelong Dart fan
Reaction score
So I picked up a set of electrical gauges for my 67 Dart. Problem is, they came without a wiring diagram.

I'm assuming the ground and 12v at the bottom of the gauge is switched power. What I'm not sure of is the B and T.

This particular gauge is for water temp. The sender is a single connection spade. Anyone ever see this? If I was a gambling man, I'd guess is that T is from the sender. What the hell would B be for?

FYI, the oil pressure gauge is exactly the same, but that has two connections on the sender.

20220405_181639-X3.jpg

Any guesses?

What brand, what model number?

Show face plate.

Get out your multimeter and start ohming out the pins.

My bet is the 12v at the bottom is not the 12v input, I do not see an insulated post at the center screw on the bottom.

My bet is:
B is battery
T is sender

The tabs on the light:
Center is 12v
Side is ground.

^^EDIT--Agree above, I was typing LOL^^

Do you have the senders that match the gauge set? That is likely what is called a "bridge" circuit because of the ground at the gauge. In other words if it is a "bridge" it actually has THREE terminals. (Light is separate). Ground, battery, and sender

Look up the "brand" and see if there are any diagrams/ downloads at the "site"

Thanks. Makes sense to me. I'll pull out the meter and verify. Gauges are unbranded white box specials. Probably made by the people making them for someone else. They look a lot like SW's.

Thanks for the help!

-
Back