G'day form paradise.

-

SILVERCOUPE

Reaction score
I live on mt Tamborine in the Gold coast hinterlan
G'day guys,
I have been a member for a while but havent updated my specs.
I am lucky enough to live on top of Mt Tamborine which is a beautiful rain forest enviroment in the Gold Coast hinterland in Queensland,Australia.
I have two mopars of the Aussie variety, my daily driver is a 1970 VG Valiant "ute" which would be like a 67-69 Dart "elcamino" for want of a better name,it runs a 265 ci straight six and a three speed column shift manual on lpg.
My pride and joy is a 1970 VG Valiant coupe (same as your 67-69 Darts) but has differant front,bumpers,lights etc. It runs a 349 stroker with a six pack set up,4 speed manual and stock 2.92 LSD rear end. It is silver with a black vinyl roof,black bumble bee stripe and black hood with a six pack scoop. 17x7 and 17x8 showwheels with grey spokes ( an old school torque thrust look) and red line tyres.
It get an awesome reaction wherever i go and the sound of it is awesome with twin 3" exhaust and hooker aerochamber mufflers.

little ute.jpg

new phone pics 160.jpg

G'Day Silvercoupe, nice rides! Sure wish Mother Mopar had seen fit to build a USA version of your Ute. That would be a fun project.

those are some awesome rides, do you have any more pics? like some of the front and rear so we can see the differences in yalls and ours.

Welcome to FABO! I thought I was in paradise when I was able to visit Darwin 4 different times in '81 & '82 (compliments of your RAAF and my USAF) Great weather and gorgeous ladies!

Welcome to fabo.Great vehicles you got there.just wondering is that a factory or a custom grille on the coupe?Looks very similar to a 72-74 challenger grille.

Welcome to fabo.Great vehicles you got there.just wondering is that a factory or a custom grille on the coupe?Looks very similar to a 72-74 challenger grille.

G'day Joe,
First off,thank you and everyone else for your positive comments.
The grille and headlights on my coupe is actually off a 1970 VIP valiant which was an upmarket model that only came in a four door sedan,that was,I guess, the luxury version.

new phone pics 112.jpg

new phone pics.jpg

I once had a VE VIP wagon....273, column auto, bench/bucket seats, power steering and a power window tailgate, dust deflectors, disc brakes.....haven't got it anymore, still have the hub caps and wheels off it though.
Nice rides.

-
Back