G'day from an Aussie Mopar fan

-

PRO470

Reaction score
Hey all,

The names Dan, and I'm new to the FABO forums, just joined today. I'm from Australia, and am currently building a 400/470 stroker big block to go into an A Body sedan (VF Valiant over here). Paint will be Plum Crazy, with blackouts and the rear stripe (not sure what colour to go yet, wouldnt mind something other than black!), black tuck and roll trim with benches front and rear. Still in the planning stages, however have bought the motor so the fun has started!

I'm new to big blocks and Chrysler/Mopar in general, so I'm sure a few of you will be hearing from me at some stage to pick your brains! if any of you guys have any advice, or specs, or even ideas, please let me know, as they will all be welcome!

Thanks guys,

Dan.

Welcome mate! Post some pictures of the car if you can!

Thanks Tony/Rocker! Rocker, i've started my build a bit differently to many others, and I got the motor before the car! I've been on the hunt for a good, straight car for a while, but unfortunately havent come across the right one just yet.

Different with the motor though....... i'm a member of an Australian Chrysler forum site, and originally i was going to build a 360?408 stroker small block....... But, as most builds go, I came across a '72 Dodge "motorhome" 400 motor, complete with stock rotating assembly (pistons, crank), as well as a set of 452 heads at the right price, so snapped that up while i could!

Hey, any starting point is a good starting point! I recently got married, and had to sell my streeter in order to part fund the wedding, so I'm stoked that I've been "allowed" to jump back in and get started on another build. Very understanding wife......

Now I just need to know the basics of the big jiggers, and get it together piece by piece. Unfortunately, the Minister of Finance (read: wife) isnt into me stumping up the cash for a big $$$ crate engine, and anyway, I reckon its more fun doing it yourself!

Welcome! this is a great place for information and conversation among like minded friends. hope you enjoy it here.

Welcome Dan. Sounds like a very nice project. I do suppose the exhaust may be one of the biggest challenges since it will most likely be right hand drive. Good luck and keep us posted.

-
Back