Gear cluster spacers

-

berry-cuda

Reaction score
so I’m in the process of putting in my hemi OD kit from Passon Performance and am having troubles with the gear cluster fitting. I have all the spacers and needle bearings and and the last spacer sits proud of the end making it to long for it to fit in with the thrust washers should the spacers sit flush at the end of the gear? If so do I have to cut the sleeve spacer down? I have messaged Jamie already and waiting for his response but he is a very busy guy and can take a bit to get back to me so though i would ask here. A pic of how it’s currently sitting

F030975D-01A5-41C3-B4B0-99E96B34EB65.jpeg

I have never seen that. If the thrust washers do no accept that, then it's wrong. How many spacers did you get and were they all the same thickness? Where I'm going is; are they select-fit?
If not select fit then my thought is; any chance one of the needle-bearings fell over, cuz that looks about right for a needle-width...
Wait; those aren't caged rollers are they?
That center sleeve sticking up is just the assembly arbor right?
If yes then the fallen-over needle idea is impossible; the arbor would never fit in there

End play of the cluster is in the range of .015 to .029, so if you set it in the case without the last spacer in there, and get the washers in there, and it falls in with the correct endplay, then the stack-up inside the cluster is too tall, just like you are thinking.
The spacers and sleeve are all hardened materials, and to shorten them, will require grinding, and then lathe-finishing. I think I would allow about .003 per row of needles so with a total of 4 rows, the last spacer should be a minimum of .012 below the end, and inside of the cluster. Make sure all of the spacers are ground flat before trimming the sleeve.

Last edited:
Yeah the center is just the arbor I will pull it apart and make sure
No rollers fell over but I’m almost positive it didn’t, there are 4 spacers total 1 on each outside and one between each set of needles, all the spacers are the same thickness, tomorrow I’ll pull it all apart and see to make sure

Ok so it was really bugging me so I ran out to the garage and it was a roller fallen over, it seems that I got one extra one in the kit and it had gone in and fallen over, I guess I should have checked before I asked lol thanks again for the help

It’s was laying down on top of
The sleeve spacer, I’ll do s double
Check and make sure I got 19 in all them

-
Back