gear drive

-

kocuda

Reaction score
I would like any input from someone who has used or using a Milodon gear drive unit on their big block. I'm considering adding one, mostly for looks and sound. Any thing special for install, looks like its a bolt on and would look great with my CSR water pump.

Any word on SB apps, I know they got em for Chivvies,...I just like the sound (ala Cobra and the 50 Merc)

They do make em for SB's not sure on the install might be a bit more complicated.

I looked Summits web and Milodon does make a gear drive for SB's but its not like the BB. It consists of all the gears and hardware and mounts under the stock timming cover. Its a little more complicated to install. Still has the great sound I'm sure but not the eye candy!

Thanks bro,...Not to worried about the eye candy,...my engine is going to "appear" stock anyway....

This isn't the '60's anymore. All self- respecting racers use belt drive. Maybe you haven't seen the metal particles in a motor from the gears banging around.

This isn't the '60's anymore. All self- respecting racers use belt drive. Maybe you haven't seen the metal particles in a motor from the gears banging around.
Not racin it, not showin It, just drivin It,...hence,no slush pump,... never heard about the metal parts tho,...any reference material on this?,...every thing I've read leads me to believe less timing play,...If Its that much of a hassle or wear issue maybe I'll stick with the tried and true double roller set-up...

Mopardude318 has is using this on his sb, give him a shout

I have a Pete jackson" Noisy" gear drive on in my 440.

I love it and it sounds so cool when Im flying down the highway
I have driven 5000 miles so far and no problems
I had read posts that the engine would vibrate apart from harmonics.

Why when you can by a belt drive well WHY NOT its america
Note : I switched to full synthetic from Brad Penns motor oil of the same weight and the gear drive quited down?? I switched back to Brad Penns!
I had to make a small modification to the timing chain cover but thats all

-
Back