Gear Oil Choice ??????

-

twotone68

lifetime mopar man
Reaction score
I have a 75 8 1/4 in my 68 dart sedan. Installing a set of 4.10 gears and new trac lok. i am An AMS Oil Small Distributor. My gear guy says no synthetic gear oil. AMS Oil says sever gear 75-140 with slip lok additive will be best performance and parts life????? Some Advice Please !!!

Here comes 20 pages of BS.

I just use 90 weight. That's what they came with, and lasted 50 years with.

The ring and pinion itself runs cooler with dyno oil. I believe Dr. Diff and mark Williams both recommend conventional gear oil in the 85/140 for hi perf application with ford friction modifier. I run Torco RGO 85/140.

I've run both without issue for decades.
The Cuda has Mobil One Synth in it for the last 2 decades.

i have a 01 dak V6 3.9 auto trans. put a motive gear gear 4.1 C8.25-4:10 with a dana / spicer locker 84852. ( but i think it has clutches ). with 75W90 synthetic gear lube VV975. put in 7-28-11 no troubles. just some info for you.

I have a 75 8 1/4 in my 68 dart sedan. Installing a set of 4.10 gears and new trac lok. i am An AMS Oil Small Distributor. My gear guy says no synthetic gear oil. AMS Oil says sever gear 75-140 with slip lok additive will be best performance and parts life????? Some Advice Please !!!
What don't you ask the people who made the gears what they recommend?

run dino for 20K, then switch to synthetic. I run either Mobil or Valvoline sythetic in my Dart.

Thank each And Every One of You For Your Opinions, Thoughts, And Quick Wit Humor !!! You All helped me make My decision .

-
Back