-
Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdcurve

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey Guys, I am about to go through the big D so my build budget is getting scaled back. I have a brand new Gear Venders unit in the box for a 727 with 18 1/2" tail shaft. I have some local interest, but I thought I would see if you fellas would be interested.

Edit: sorry for breaking any rules, here are the updates.

Unit arrived two weeks ago, has not left the box. Looking for $2500 plus actual shipping from 65441 or 63080.

It's at my dads in an unopened box, I will get down there to take some pics soon.

Didn't get your PM dusterbnb

Why is the 18 1/2" Tail shaft length important ? Does it matter ? Sorry for my ignorance ! I had a GV unit on my /6 727, and don't remember that measurement being a factor !

Why is the 18 1/2" Tail shaft length important ? Does it matter ? Sorry for my ignorance ! I had a GV unit on my /6 727, and don't remember that measurement being a factor !

does the 18" tailshaft "not" come off when adding the overdrive unit? if not, the driveshaft angle would be a killer , specially on a 108" wheelbase car!

The tail shaft HOUSING comes off, but the tail shaft stays. You replace the factory housing with the GV housing. The GV OD unit bolts to the big round flange on the end of it. There is a spline adapter that mates the 727 splines that the slip yoke would normally slide on, to the input shaft splines of the GV unit. There is a seal that keeps the 727 fluid from getting to the GV unit, and vice versa. GV unit uses the high buck synthetic gear oil.

Sorry I have been MIA fellas. I am gonna pull this off the block for now. That she devil has taken enough from me, why should the dart have to suffer? With any luck, the pics you wanted to see will be in my build thread. Stay strong brethren

Sorry I have been MIA fellas. I am gonna pull this off the block for now. That she devil has taken enough from me, why should the dart have to suffer? With any luck, the pics you wanted to see will be in my build thread. Stay strong brethren

pm sent

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back