gearing vs mpg

-
Hey Joe,
You can actually change that final gear ratio on there to a .68 (thats what mine is)...I figure in town i will be fine with the 1:1, its the highway im more concered about...at 65 mph i will be turning 2100rpm...how does the sound?

ok cool. didn't realize you could change it. what motor is this? a 360? my 360 with eddy heads didn't clean up till atlesat 2200. so at 2100 my car wouldn't have driven very well. i was running 3.91 gear and a 28" tire.

ok cool. didn't realize you could change it. what motor is this? a 360? my 360 with eddy heads didn't clean up till atlesat 2200. so at 2100 my car wouldn't have driven very well. i was running 3.91 gear and a 28" tire.

hey Joe, sorry i didnt reply....for some reason im not getting email notification for certain threads anymore, dont know why...my motor is a mild 340...I will be running a 3.91 and 28 inch tire just like you did...ill have to see how where the cam cleans up i guess...like you mentioned, 1:1 in town should be fine, and then i guess on the highway ill just have to turn up the speed a little to be in the desired rpm range (which i dont mind:toothy10:)

-
Back