geek scores!

-

mwls73duster360

Bad as Buddy Holly
Reaction score
Picked these up at an antique store dirt cheap! #1 spawn comic in awesome condition and completely unopened display box of tales from the crypt trading cards. Any other collectable geeks here?

Attachments

• IMG_20130325_090256.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 147
I've got that issue. Bought it new back when I actually read comics.

Hmmmm.... that would be one issue in 6500 of 'em up in the attic. Started reading comics in '80 and stopped around '91-'92 when Claremont left the X-Men titles.

Oh, good grief! The fact I just typed that should tell you something.

Tells you how old I am, never heard of it.

Batman, superman, Cartoons are what I remember

I was into Comics when Image was exploding... And about to collapse the market. That is a nice find. I got mine at Walmart in a combo pack for like $6 when that issue alone was going for over 50. Now it's probably worth $6. Lol

yea prices have fell a lot but I got it just for me I bought 1-20 when they were first coming out. I was in like 3rd grade lol

Former Comic Book Nerd here Too.... still Have Them all But Stopped Collecting Years Ago. Stopped Collecting Stuff In Favor Of Space, Go Figure

Right before I left for the Navy, my brother-in-law took me to a big comic convention at the Novi Expo Center in Novi, Michigan. I took a few books to be autographed, a couple of which were print errors. Not really pricey issues, but they were inked by John Romita, Jr, and he was at the show. When I showed them to him and asked him to sign them, he actually tried to take one of them! Not really, but his comment was, "This one is for me, right?" He was a really nice guy that took time to talk to everybody. I had a lot of fun, and sometimes I think about getting back into collecting. Too bad the money isn't it them like it was 20 years ago. When DC killed Superman, and then brought him back, they killed the industry.

The Spawn Comic book I got one myself, I worked for McFarlane Toys for 10 years myself. Todd's a great guy himself.
I was the MIS Director ( Computer Department ). Seen the company grow from small to large.
I wokred in Livonia Mi when Todd decided to move eveyone the Arizona I stayed and started my own computer service company. Kinda miss working there.

When the Company was small we used to get 2 of every Spawn toys made, I had all of them, got rid of most but still have a few. Have all the comics though.

Right before I left for the Navy, my brother-in-law took me to a big comic convention at the Novi Expo Center in Novi, Michigan. I took a few books to be autographed, a couple of which were print errors. Not really pricey issues, but they were inked by John Romita, Jr, and he was at the show. When I showed them to him and asked him to sign them, he actually tried to take one of them! Not really, but his comment was, "This one is for me, right?" He was a really nice guy that took time to talk to everybody. I had a lot of fun, and sometimes I think about getting back into collecting. Too bad the money isn't it them like it was 20 years ago. When DC killed Superman, and then brought him back, they killed the industry.

The Spawn Comic book I got one myself, I worked for McFarlane Toys for 10 years myself. Todd's a great guy himself.
I was the MIS Director ( Computer Department ). Seen the company grow from small to large.
I wokred in Livonia Mi when Todd decided to move eveyone the Arizona I stayed and started my own computer service company. Kinda miss working there.

When the Company was small we used to get 2 of every Spawn toys made, I had all of them, got rid of most but still have a few. Have all the comics though.

Awesome stories! I use to have a few of his toys. I'd love to find all the tortured souls ones he did.

-
Back