GEN 3 Qtr stats list

-
Did that last week . 3505 lbs with me in it and 1/4 tank of fuel.

Cool!!

Also - One of the Mods has kindly offered to take over updating the list because Ive used up my editing allocation....so thanks to 6pack2goDemon for the help!

Another one for the list .

Mo-cars , 1977 Valiant Ute , Stock 6.1 , Stock induction 85mm throttle body , 904 TF , 4700 converter , 4.10 gears 28'' tire , 3505 lbs with driver , 11.658 @ 113.96 mph , Willowbank Raceway Brisbane Australia .

Good effort Mo Cars....Im itching to see how my 4.11s go when the track opens up

Are you running Caltracks?

What launch rpm?

Yup got Caltracks . I'm foot braking it to around 1500 rpm . I'm going to try it from idle next time I take it out .

I just scored a 68 Dart that I will be putting a gen3 motor in. It should be a lot of fun.

I would love an old Valiant to do a turbo 5.7 deal. I have a really nice 6.1 crank that just needs to be put to good use. I would even take a 4 door Valiant to really hurt some feelings with.

Well my M/T's do not fit anymore after the B-body rearend so I was mired with my RA1 Toyo that have always been on the car, first vid is my best 60 of the night, a 1.99 lol. I power shifted the 1-2 and they went to rev limiter. I richened up the fuel from 6-7000 rpm and picked a mph or 2.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qlwui2iY0k"]Pro Touring Dart at the track in full street trim on pump gas. - YouTube[/ame]
This one was best MPH of the day 121.7 but spun good in first again but at least I went around the Mustywang at the end.
[ame]https://youtu.be/_1YyaiOhw6E[/ame]
BTW this track sits at 2400ft elev, and running 91 pump. So calculating things a bit I've found she is in the 600hp crank neighborhood at sea level, around 550hp where she sits.

cu440da- 78 Warlock- Stock 5.7L VVT- Active Intake EFI- Manual- 3.91- 3880 lbs - 13.49 @ 100mph- Rock Falls, WI

60' times sucked. Was never able to get below 2 second mark. This truck will be low 13 sec if I can get the rear suspension sorted.

408 Swinger, 1974 Swinger, 6.1 based 426, Ritter single plane(drag pak), 727 ATI convertor4500-5000, 4.10 dana, 3342 w/driver, best e.t.(good air) 10.23@130, Thunder Valley Dragways Marion S.D. elev 1351ft.

I just had my truck weighed. Actual weight with 2/3 tank of gas = 3880lbs

Mods- feel free to delete this post after updating my weight.

67 Cuda Fastback 3350# 5.7 stock stroke .020 over
12.5:1 6.1 heads ported 2.10 intake valves. .569 .593 cam
6300 converter 904 Trans. 5.14 gear 30x9 Mickey Thompsons
1.31 sixty 6.28 1/8 9.99 at 130 mph. Drag Pak combo NHRA legal.
Shift at 8000 cross at 8300.
Eddie

67 Cuda Fastback 3350# 5.7 stock stroke .020 over
12.5:1 6.1 heads ported 2.10 intake valves. .569 .593 cam
6300 converter 904 Trans. 5.14 gear 30x9 Mickey Thompsons
1.31 sixty 6.28 1/8 9.99 at 130 mph. Drag Pak combo NHRA legal.
Shift at 8000 cross at 8300.
Eddie
Great stats! I would be interested in what lifters/springs/rockers you are using to get this kind of RPM. Also what ignition are you using?

Lifters are stock non-mds blocked to make them solid. Harland Sharp adjustable rockers.
Valves, springs, retainers + keepers are all Manley-- Don't know the part #'s or specs. David Barton at Ray Barton Racing Engines set everything up for me. He has countless hours of R+D in these things and can make them flat out fly with very basic set-ups. He has run the same rpm range with stock rockers. The combo is fuel injected, and I have the AEM infinity system which drives the ignition and the fuel injectors. Stock coils.

Eddie

Lifters are stock non-mds blocked to make them solid. Harland Sharp adjustable rockers.
Valves, springs, retainers + keepers are all Manley-- Don't know the part #'s or specs. David Barton at Ray Barton Racing Engines set everything up for me. He has countless hours of R+D in these things and can make them flat out fly with very basic set-ups. He has run the same rpm range with stock rockers. The combo is fuel injected, and I have the AEM infinity system which drives the ignition and the fuel injectors. Stock coils.

Eddie
Good to know. I have 2 years on my motor that has a stock valvetrain. I shift at 6500 and limiter is set at 7200, but after 2 years it's probably about time for new springs and I'm wondering if I can increase the RPM safely with just new springs and rockers.

I know that you don't need a lot of spring pressure to make these things rev. I tried building this engine with eagle heads and a carb at first, but I was using the same theory as a small block when setting up the springs. I was setting them up with close to 700 lbs of open pressure-- needless to say I was breaking rocker arms like twigs. After breaking the rocker stands on one of the heads I took my 6.1 heads to Barton. My jaw hit the floor when he told me they were twisting them to 8000 with around 400 pounds of open pressure. I would say if you went with the Manley springs- you should be safe twisting it a little higher. Keep in mind that you want to keep everything as light as possible ( titanium retainers & keepers).

I know that you don't need a lot of spring pressure to make these things rev. I tried building this engine with eagle heads and a carb at first, but I was using the same theory as a small block when setting up the springs. I was setting them up with close to 700 lbs of open pressure-- needless to say I was breaking rocker arms like twigs. After breaking the rocker stands on one of the heads I took my 6.1 heads to Barton. My jaw hit the floor when he told me they were twisting them to 8000 with around 400 pounds of open pressure. I would say if you went with the Manley springs- you should be safe twisting it a little higher. Keep in mind that you want to keep everything as light as possible ( titanium retainers & keepers).
400 lbs. wow! Thanks for the info!!

No problem! Hope to visit your state someday--- it's on my bucket list.
Everyone I know that's visited Texas has loved it -- two of my friends actually liked it so much they moved there! BTW- Your combo seems to be running pretty darn good!

No problem! Hope to visit your state someday--- it's on my bucket list.
Everyone I know that's visited Texas has loved it -- two of my friends actually liked it so much they moved there! BTW- Your combo seems to be running pretty darn good!
Well, it was until the ring and pinion let go about 3 weeks ago :(
Replacing the 8 3/4 with a Dana 60 right now, then pulling the tranny and having someone go through it to make sure I didn't break anything there. Hope to be back up and running in a couple of weeks.
When I run 1/4 mile I shift at 6500 and cross the line at 7200 with 31" tires. I have a pair of 29" tires that I'd like to try out in the 1/8th mile stuff that I do, but I don't have enough rpm to get through a 1/4 mile with them, that's why I'm considering the valvetrain upgrade.

You wont regret the Dana 60 Upgrade. Did some testing a few years back and found out that it is just as fast as an 8 3/4. Kind of a no brainer. Wish someone would have told me 20 Years ago-- it had gotten to the point where I was replacing the ring + pinion in our stocker every 150 runs. I'm not sure how much pressure the stock springs have, but I have heard that they have a high failure rate(breaking). The Manley springs are polished + treated to make them more durable.

Eddie

No new PB....With 75% humidity and 80f temps that was never going to happen..

BUT...I can report that the Edelbrock dual quad intake got me a 1.73 60 ft...thats compared to the Modman DQ 1.86 .

Due to delays on the track..I never got a chance to experiment with tuning or try stalled launches.

3650lbs with 4.11s and a 27.5 tyre.

Next trial will be with 3/4" spacers....

-
Back