Gen III core prices ! ! !

-

dusterdoug

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Wholly molly ! ! ! These GEN III cores sure aren't priced anywhere near the GM 5.3-6.0 LS core stuff. I should have known

Used 6.1 shortblock with Mahle pistons/Eagle rods - $3200
Used 6.1 long block OE - $1995
Used 5.7 long block OE - $1800
Bare 5.7 block - $900

What are the going rates for the Eagle and Appache heads?? DAMN! I should have grabbed a pair a couple of years ago when they were CHEAP through the various parts networks. GRRRRR.

I can build an LA for a portion of that and no special other parts to make it work.

Wholly molly ! ! ! These GEN III cores sure aren't priced anywhere near the GM 5.3-6.0 LS core stuff. I should have known

Used 6.1 shortblock with Mahle pistons/Eagle rods - $3200
Used 6.1 long block OE - $1995
Used 5.7 long block OE - $1800
Bare 5.7 block - $900

What are the going rates for the Eagle and Appache heads?? DAMN! I should have grabbed a pair a couple of years ago when they were CHEAP through the various parts networks. GRRRRR.

You haven't done much research and are just scratching the surface. Those prices for the 6.1 are actually gold. I got a complete 6.1 for 2200. IF you find one for under 3k it's worth it to pick it up. IT should be painfully obvious why the prices are different from Gm. LS1 came out in the 90s..... 6.1 is pricy because it was out for a short period of time and is THE best of the 3 engines to hot rod because there is no MDS or VVT which is a whole different animal because chrysler computers are PIA to crack and make easier to deal with aftermarket EFI.

your 5.7 prices are crack prices. I found over 10 5.7s for near 500-800 COMPLETE. This is the 08 and down 5.7 too. Which will be the cheapest method. Stroke and use 6.1 heads or Eagle Heads.

Eagle Heads and 6.1 heads can be had for 800-1000 maybe cheaper. These heads all flow 270-310...STOCK, you pay almost 3k for heads like this with SBM.

6.1 crank is also forged stock. Stroker kits are around 2-2500, same as SBM.

Apache heads can be had for around 1000-1200. But these ported flow around 330 ish.

Friend just got a 6.4 for around 4k which is a STEAL.

Have a plan. If building, then start bare block, if want to drop in then get complete engine. It cost me around 7k to build my 410 stroker that made 530 crank. I am 2200 into a 6.1 that makes 425 crank with stock tune. So....Cam will put me at around 475 I would say and then I am 2500-2600 in, Long tube headers, Tune and I will be pretty close to my 430 wheel that the duster made with the stroker yet... cheaper

Yea, yea, yea...I know they not comparable to the LS crap, it's just "core price envy" LOL. You're also right those prices were just a quick scroll through the local classifieds.

Good info you submitted...AGAIN. THANKS !

Yea, yea, yea...I know they not comparable to the LS crap, it's just "core price envy" LOL. You're also right those prices were just a quick scroll through the local classifieds.

Good info you submitted...AGAIN. THANKS !

Feel free to PM me anytime. I will help if I can

I scored a 6.1L years ago (2011) for $1000 - complete with wiring harness - only issue was a spun bearing --- dropped in a new crank, bearings, and away I went -

-
Back