Gen2 Barracuda Suspension

-

67Plymouthbarracuda

Reaction score
Gen2 (1967-69) barracuda owners, what are some good shocks to put under this car for overall handling? It's a 67 with a 360, power brakes, no other extras.

Attachments

• IMG_1727.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 201
Firm Feel has the best price unless you have a discount on a coupon from PST or another dealer. i dont know where to get the FOX's but they are out there

If you don't have larger torsion bars and at least a front sway bar spending money on shocks isn't enough. The whole system needs to be thought out.

Firm Feel has the best price unless you have a discount on a coupon from PST or another dealer. i dont know where to get the FOX's but they are out there
I sell Fox Shocks by Hotchkis. And the Bilstiens. I would strongly suggest the Fox's. Fell free to call the shop 928-783-5421.

For street use a lot of people (me) use KYB Gas-A-Just.

Everyone talks about Bilstein but if you look at their catalog they don't list Mopar A-body as an application. So which ones do you buy?

Jim makes a good point. I would go further and say "Don't spend $500 on shocks if you haven't at least replaced all the bushings, have good ball joints, etc."

The Bilsteins sold by Firm Feel and others I think are originally for a different application and are modified to fit an A-body by ACD. I say this because I bought a set for my car and after looking closely at them that's the conclusion I came to.

I don't have a problem with that, what I think was done looks like quality work and they are in general a quality product.

I haven't had a chance to drive my car very much yet, that will have to wait until spring. I was going to use KYBs but discovered that they have a lot of gas pressure, turned to be twice as much as the Bilsteins and I think that would have contributed to potentially harsh ride quality.

-
Back