Gen3 hemi tkx swap

-
Oh wow, I did not have to cut that much for my TKX! I wonder if the hemi has any influence on where the trans sits, compared to my small block.
Probably not, the old 904 was in the stock location and I just bolted the hemi to it. Crank centerline may be higher but the transmission mount stayed the same. Engine is sitting at about 2.5 down.

How did the 904 go behind the 6.4 as thats what i am going to run behind my one. You just need a different fly wheel? 904 Bolts right up no adjusting?
Bolted right up. Holley sells right flexplate. I made my own motor mounts. Used tti measurements to mount engine

When I mocked my TKX up I used measurements from the 833. The TKX is almost the same length. I measured from the floor to the centerline of the tail shaft as well as the center of the tail shaft to the trans tunnel.
I am within an 1/8" of where the tail shaft centerline was originally. It does put it close to the tunnel. I plan on using a 1350 I joints too.
I think people tend to run the tail shaft down to make less tunnel work thos does result in lower hanging headers am such

I had a chance to model up a trans crossmember. Took a photo of underneath the car and scaled it into fusion 360. Initial model came out well after 3d printing the bracket. A few tweaks and some gussets and we will have a crossmember

IMG_2810.jpeg

IMG_2811.jpeg

IMG_2812.jpeg

I like it. Clean. Nice to not worry about something going over the top. Advantage of no torsion bars.
Is the final position a little higher? Are you using a cable speedo?

I like it. Clean. Nice to not worry about something going over the top. Advantage of no torsion bars.
Is the final position a little higher? Are you using a cable speedo?
That’s where it’s going to sit. No speedo, my cluster makes a chatter noise so I’m taking it out.

Has anybody had to pop a hole in their strut tower of master cylinder clearance?? I don’t want to cut another hole in my car! Feel like captain jack sparrow, quit blowing holes in my ship!!

IMG_2813.jpeg

IMG_2814.jpeg

IMG_2815.jpeg

I marked the area with a sharpie and made clearance with a hammer and dolly. I could have made it a little nicer. But no hole.

IMG_20230201_180431531.jpg

Has anybody had to pop a hole in their strut tower of master cylinder clearance?? I don’t want to cut another hole in my car! Feel like captain jack sparrow, quit blowing holes in my ship!!

View attachment 1716232304

View attachment 1716232305

View attachment 1716232306

Is that the mount from this thread?

Clutch Master Cylinder Mounting

Can’t tell. His is supposed to clear the inner fender with a Wilwood master. If it isn’t, maybe a different master cylinder would help?

I had to beat a dent into mine to get it to clear. I put masking tape, marked with a sharpy, beat it with a hammer. Engine, master cylinder, steering column, headers ect in the way. So much fun. Mine still contacts inner fender a bit but it fits.

Push rod is installed and it’s not totally going in a straight shot. It has a little miss alignment where silver sport has their hole. Now if I move it up to the stud it’s very straight.. The hole that is provided is giving me a 3.5:1 pedal ratio.. if I move it up to where it’s happy it’s 6:1. Hydro clutch wants 6:1 ratio right??

IMG_2817.jpeg

IMG_2818.jpeg
Never mind. I forget there’s directions for this kinda stuff .. lol they even circled it for me!

-
Back