General Lee vs. Bandit Trans Am

-

65LoveAffair

Whovian
Reaction score
I know it's not an A Body, but I had to post this. It's a pretty cool video, though the guy jumping into the General is no Bo Duke! Who do you think will win?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kW7OBXsXck&NR=1&feature=endscreen"]GENERAL LEE VS THE BANDIT TRANS AM - BEST CAR CHASE EVER !!! - YouTube[/ame]

Personally, I have a problem with the whole "BEST CAR CHASE EVER !!!" bit, as that title belongs to the '68 Charger and '68 Mustang GT from "Bullitt" But that's my opinion...

I think that's 57.032683 seconds of my life I'll never get back

I think driving a General Lee car makes the driver look like a Moron...Love a Charger just don't get the General Lee thing...They are not cheap either and sell kind of fast too...78 and 79 Trans am cars can be bought fairly cheap 10 to 12K..At that price they are great deal..:iconbigg:..Just my $0.02

I know it's not an A Body, but I had to post this. It's a pretty cool video, though the guy jumping into the General is no Bo Duke! Who do you think will win?

GENERAL LEE VS THE BANDIT TRANS AM - BEST CAR CHASE EVER !!! - YouTube

Personally, I have a problem with the whole "BEST CAR CHASE EVER !!!" bit, as that title belongs to the '68 Charger and '68 Mustang GT from "Bullitt" But that's my opinion...

How come when people do these "famous car vs famous car" things, they NEVER get cars with equal footing?? One is always bone stock with skinny bais tires, and the other has an overbored crate motor and drag radials with 4.56 gears.

TA for sure. Bandit TA was built to run. General Lee pieced together POS. The movie cars not your personal toys. Just my .03 cents

My wife, MommaCat, had a chance to buy a Bandit Edition TA back in the late 80s. Her and her mom went to look at it, and my mother-in-law, being no slouch around cars (raised with older brothers) bent down and stuck her finger in the tail pipe. Her finger came back coated in oil. The car needed a ring job at least. She didn't want to fork out 4K for the car, plus however much it would take to fix the engine issue. They are both, to this day, kicking themselves in the behind for not snatching the car up anyway. Oh, well. Live and learn, right?

Id rather have Sally Fields in her youth!

Hell, I think I'd take her right now!!!

I don't see the "General Lee" thing. Moronic TV show, moronic plot, and we are supposed to believe a B body can jump 50 feet and not be damaged. Kaerieieeest, even in the TV intro, you can see the front end uckle on the darn thing.

I smiled all the way thru this. Was a great time to be a car guy back then.

the last time I saw Smokey and the Bandit on tv, I noticed... they used a Trash Am with the metric speedo.

"Are we really doing a hundred?!!?!?!!!????"
"Sure thang, ma'am. A whopping hundred KILOMETERS AN HOUR!!!!"

Whooooeeee they shore know how to make them Ponnyacks look fast.

Looks exactly like my youth, but our cars were not too fancy.

I gotta go outside and fire up a 440.

Thanks for the video! Was pretty sweet.

It was,wasn't it?Like both,gotta go with Bo Darville on this one.

I loved the video.. that was just plain cool.. I was 9 when Smokey And The Bandit came out.. It was the first time I really ever took notice of a car.. The first car I ever wanted.. I had model kits of the Bandit Trans Am, Hot Wheels versions...etc...then when I was 11 The Dukes Of Hazzard came on tv.. and yea of course the show was silly and stupid.. to me (even at that age) I realized the show was just fun, mindless entertainment.. and also even I, at that age, knew you really couldnt jump a car 50 feet or more and actually drive it away.. I lost count of how many times the General would buckle, or crush a fender, and in the next shot, it was clean and straight as an arrow LOL . But now I was in love with my first Mopar... Now obviously my devotion stayed with Mopar... but im not gonna lie... I still would love to have a Bandit TA.. No doubt

My best friend in the 80's had a78 Trans am in red, and his brother had one in black.
I also worked with a guy that had a 1980 turbo t/a.

I can't own one because I DON"T FIT.

It would need to have 3" more headroom for me.

I'd take a Lee just because if I got tired of it, I could make me a Bullitt car, or a Dirty Mary Crazy Larry car, or with a little work a Fast n' Furious car, or a Blade car, or a ...

I made a good living airbrushing the bird hoods when Smokey and the Bandit were a hot item round the country and those morons paid the big bucks, whats next??

-
Back