Generic Motors

-

tiltsix

Reaction score
I am thinking of selling the dart to buy a Vette,I know ,don't shoot me Ill still have my 2 trucks my 2 scamps and my flat fender. I got to drive my brothers 96 lt1 Vette the other day and it was soooo nice to have performance,ride a/c and mpg. I think I want 1 now.What do you think...............Jeff

I personally don't care to own one [as I don't like them enough to own one] they are cool, but it's your money and your choice to get whatever you want. I'm an all car lover I just prefer Mopars but there others on my want to own list including some imports.

Trader

And just met you and checked out your Dart.

One thing to think about. The TPI engine in the Vette is EXPENSIVE to work on.

Just had one in a caddy,( yes factory 1995 fleet wood with corvette engine, yes it is quick for the size car) tuned up due to a leaking water pump, distributor is behind the water pump so due to the fact it was apart tune it up. $200 for a distubutor cap, $300 for water pump.

Buddy had a 95 Vette that quit running and need distubutor, his bill, $1,700

Your little slant 6 Dart will run forever, cheap to drive, and looks a lot better than the Vette.

IMO 1982 was the last year they made a corvette

Put a price out there and see if you can move the Dart

Your car, your money

Need to talk to you about your building, did you get a price? send me a PM

I am thinking of selling the dart to buy a Vette,I know ,don't shoot me Ill still have my 2 trucks my 2 scamps and my flat fender. I got to drive my brothers 96 lt1 Vette the other day and it was soooo nice to have performance,ride a/c and mpg. I think I want 1 now.What do you think...............Jeff

I've had a few Corvettes over the years, and can tell you that the only Corvettes that will not lose money (generally) are PRE-73.
I plan on another Corvette one day again as well.

Best of Luck!

George

I have a few friends that have Corvettes. They love them.I have nothing against them. You can have the total package with them, performance, MPG's, a/c....etc.

Life is short. If you want one and can afford it, DO IT!!

Pick up Corvette Magazine this month,they have a good article on $20K used Vettes.
The newer ones are expensive to work on due to all of the electronics. I ran into a guy at the gas pump the other day with a mid-90's and he told me his radio/diagnostic center crapped out. Long and short....$2500.

I would rather put a 5.7 with fuel injection in the dart,but for the cost I could buy a nice mid 90s Vette.....................jeff

Do what you want, you don't need to ask us. I drive my Dart because I could not afford to replicate my boyhood with a 70 RR/ Satellite, nor afford a 64-65 B body. I wanted a classic Mopar, not a Corvette. Now that I have mine, I'll keep it, thank you very much.

If I had more money, I'd just make the Dart nicer.

PiI ran into a guy at the gas pump the other day with a mid-90's and he told me his radio/diagnostic center crapped out. Long and short....$2500.
I wish I could double the value of one of my vehicles that easily:razz:

btw, WildCat- "1982 was the last year they made a corvette"
- sorry, I have to disagree with you on that one. It was actually 1977 (before they decided to make the back end look like a Pacer).

-
Back