Generic source for original style door jam pinch weld molding and weatherstrip?

-

scottylack

Reaction score
Don't want to pony up $125 at Dante's for this. Must be a generic source out there that fits early a bodies. Need black. Anybody?

I've found and tried some generic stuff, but don't waste your money. The fabric style isn't a big deal, but if the rubber is wrong, the doors won't close properly.

Don't want to pony up $125 at Dante's for this. Must be a generic source out there that fits early a bodies. Need black. Anybody?
you can order the generic stuff. BUT you have to order the 5/8 tube and get oval instead of round. most generic stuff is 3/4 round and makes it hard to close the door.
this is just a quick search found this at day industries site. I'd go for a smooth tube though like the original. just google Pinchweld weather strip
View attachment Rubber_Pinchweld_seal.jpg
I've even seen it in the RT specialties catalog by the foot.(2.00-3.00) per foot) it's not factory cloth wrapper but it works fine to seal your car up. you'll need about 10ft per side to be safe. so 40.00, 60.00 to do both sides.

OK Scott, heres a pic of the original stuff, and it looks like you may get close from that Day Industries post from 66Vert. Hope this helps, Geof

Attachments

• 100_4667.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 768
No cross section pics, but the seal loop looks very large, and the pinch clip looks almost triangular to me, and I don't see any lacing on it, but with no cross section to go by it's hard to say!! Geof

think I found my solution...some one here has offered me up some they didnt use...!

-
Back