Gentlemen: What motor oil do you use?

-
I run 10w 40 year round in everything I have, from the slant in my 85 D150 to 318 in 78 fury, 318 in 96 Dakota, 3.9 In a 99 Dakota, and a 360 in a 01 durango. There's a place nearby that sometimes runs a he11uva sale on mobil 15w40 diesel oil, when I catch the sale I'll stock up on some and run that in the hot weather months.
(Talking hot by Chicago standards) otherwise it's dino 10w40 year round. In everything but the mowers, and then they get 10w40 when I'm out of straight 30

Mostly use house brand oil from Federated Auto Parts (Amalie) in my daily drivers. Or Fleet Farm house brand called Resolute. Made by Citgo.

I usually change at 3000 miles.

Race engine will be getting CenPeCo #30.

Cat diesels I used Mobil Delvac 15/40 as a rule.

I use 10w-30 for higher mile engines (the stuff that says 75k+ miles). 10w-30 is in the manual for my 64 Dart as being the recommend general purpose oil. I daily drive it, never push it too hard, and it’s proven great. I go with the recommended service interval of 2-months or 4K miles. I did around 4k total miles on the engine over the past year, but time = mileage. I replace the oil filter with the STP oil filter every 2-3 oil changes.

I’ll be running something like 5w-30 soon because I’m about to get my engine rebuilt and it’s gonna get cold, and I’m just debating between the Lucas hot rod (extra zddp) for a few months and then going back to regular 5w-30 or 10w-30.

10W40 syn-blend or full synthetic like Castrol every 4,000 miles and Napa Gold 1515 every 8,000 miles. One bottle of Lucas ZDDP with each oil change.

-
Back