Gerotor electric fuel pump, any good?

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
I have a vane style electric fuel pump which works fine, but man is it noisy as all get out, and it surges from more to less quiet, sometimes sounds like it it straining and drives me insane.
Luckily my exhaust is loud as hell, but soon to be more subdued with a real exhaust system so I was looking into a similar pump but one less quiet.

I saw that holley makes a black pump that uses the gerotor style internals that is supposed to be more efficient and quiet plus good for street/strip.

If anyone has experience with this type of pump, could you tell me if there are any down sides to this type of pump vs vane style?

I will probably end up buying two and keep one as a spare just in case.

I have a vane style electric fuel pump which works fine, but man is it noisy as all get out, and it surges from more to less quiet, sometimes sounds like it it straining and drives me insane.
Luckily my exhaust is loud as hell, but soon to be more subdued with a real exhaust system so I was looking into a similar pump but one less quiet.

I saw that holley makes a black pump that uses the gerotor style internals that is supposed to be more efficient and quiet plus good for street/strip.

If anyone has experience with this type of pump, could you tell me if there are any down sides to this type of pump vs vane style?

I will probably end up buying two and keep one as a spare just in case.

Well I heard from a few folks that Edelbrock's new pump (made by Essex) is pretty quiet. I myself couldn't stand the noise that my holley electric made, I mean I was on the steps of the psych ward about to strap in my own straight jacket.
Just out of curiosity, why not run a holley mechanical? I went to the 110 gph one and love it. If you leave it parked for a few weeks, I just pop the air cleaner off and use a piece of fuel line and a funnel I got at Michaels craft store and fill the bowls.

I used a Mallory gerotor style pump on a build in the late 80's. That car was my daily driver and I never had a problem with that pump for 50K miles. I sold the car with the pump in it and it was still running just fine.

I see no downside to using this type of pump.

It wasn't silent by any means but it was way, way quieter than any Holley vane style pump that I ever used.

Hope this helps. :)

I'm cheap,I made my funnel by cutting the top off an old gear lube bottle..has a nice little spout were if you cut it right at the tip its too small for gear oil but great for fuel 8)

-
Back