Get rad recored or new rad?

-

69bronzeT5

My wife's car is faster.
Reaction score
I'm taking my Duster to the MATS in Vegas in 2011 so I'm getting it ready to handle the 2,500km trip. One of my main issues with it is it seems to run hot. We just went over the whole engine and it's got a new timing chain, all the water jackets cleaned out etc. We cleaned the whole block and put everything back together. It's got a new thermostat, newer rad hoses. Now I am going to be getting a shroud for it but I want to do something with the radiator too. Should I get the rad recored or should I just invest in a new 2 or 3 core one?

The new radiators work a little better but the bang calls for some buck $$. If you are just fixing the car up, the stock radiator should work and cost less to fix. If you are building a strip car then replace it.

I would go with a 3 core. If your going to replace might as well get the best out there.

I would ditch the original rad (unless your going for number matching resto) and just get a Be Cool alum rad and get electric fan or fans on it.

you can go to advance, and for a 2 row rad brand new replacement rad is only like 161.00 out the door,. but you have to order it. they alook just like to original, and are built very nicely

I'm not racing the car, I just want it to handle cruising 2,500km's to Vegas in March/April warm weather....so you guys think I should just get a new rad?

you can go to advance, and for a 2 row rad brand new replacement rad is only like 161.00 out the door,. but you have to order it. they alook just like to original, and are built very nicely

You wouldn't by any chance be speaking of the shephardautoparts place would you... Just ordered the 2 core aluminum one yesterday for my car. Let's hope it cools as well as it looks :cheers: with shipping it was $163

a shroud will help too

make sure you stay away from the reproduction ones

I am told that they don't hold up

-
Back