get rid of trunnion????? 65 dart

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
just got this /6 beast! seems like i've read where you can have a plate made and weld appropriate end of output shaft on to use with slip yoke? is this good idea? also is 904 and 727 have same putput shaft??? anddd then should ya score a shaft out of 67 up dart dust etc??? thanks for any advice.

The appropriate fittings are made for this. What you end up with is a yoke which bolts right to the factory drive flange on the trans, a conventional U joint cross, and a slip yoke and spline on the new shaft (or end of the old tube) which looks very similar to many 4x4 front shafts.

Like so

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=156112

attachment.php

737 and 904 outputs are different. I've eliminated these in the past by changing the transmission output shaft in the trans with a later model ouput.

Nice timing on this post as I just sealed the deal for a 64 Valiant! Do you have any idea what the parts were off of that they used? I will be needing to do this to the 63 and 64. They kinda look like a Bronco II that I had.

All I know is "go to a driveshaft shop." Don't know specifically if this drive flange yoke was ever OEM. It MAY have been used on early Jeep Wagoneers.

just got this /6 beast! seems like i've read where you can have a plate made and weld appropriate end of output shaft on to use with slip yoke? is this good idea? also is 904 and 727 have same putput shaft??? anddd then should ya score a shaft out of 67 up dart dust etc??? thanks for any advice.

See your local driveline shop, or lose the trans and update

-
Back