get this, '19 jeep

-
I wonder if in 40 or 50 years you will find owners of 2019 Hell Cats saying the same thing about the 2069 models?

I suspect some of the real popular new models will end up having product support from the aftermarket waaay into their golden years. The aftermarket will step up for the modern Challengers, Chargers, Camaros, Mustangs etc. with restoration parts, new replacement sensors, and workaround programming for dumb stuff the engineers programmed into them.

I see going to mopar shows in the future the judges plugging into the data ports with a computer on show MoPars from 2019 to make sure the OEM programming is intact and functional for a 100 point restoration LoL. The times they are a changing. They can keep it, I like my old stuff.

Wife drives a 2013 grand caravan, decent enough car, but when it starts developing issues, it will go away. Newest car I drive is a 2008 Chevy HHR, again a decent enough car, but when it develops problems I cannot easily fix, it to will go away. When I retire in 11 years from now, I will take care of redoing my 94 chevy pickup first, then I have a daily driver/parts chaser, and I will continue to tinker on my old ****. If my HHR makes it that far, I will drive it till my pickup is up and running, then junk the HHR.

Those 88-98 chevy pickups are now having a bit of product support from the aftermarket stepping up making resto parts for them now. LMC supplies a lot of stuff now. Should be even better years from now. I was also able to pick up some NOS parts from my dealer for it including a new OEM grille. Those are all stashed away in my loft.

Last edited:
My '15 Renegade doesn't do the horn/light thing that I know of.

However, when the humidity dropped around the first of October, the tire pressures all dropped the next morning, from 35 to 29.

Just last week we got a cold spell (30's in the morning) and they dropped again, from 34 to 29/30) all in the same day.

Next time I will try it without a gauge.

Was the ignition on?
My '13 Ram Express has done that tire alarm scene every fall at the first sign of 30sumthin degrees. We can blame it on Boyle's Law, temp goes down pressure goes down. Sun hits the tires pressure goes back up but alarm doesn't reset. My alarm likes 39psi to reset.

I've had good luck filling my tires using a 75% nitrogen blend!

I see i’m not the only one to have a hate on for all this new fangled crap.
I am one of the lucky ones that gets to fix this **** when it breaks. I could start going off about poor locations for critical components,or the oil pans being plastic with plastic drain plugs,and being covered underneath with what looks like a headliner,that needs to be removed for service.
There is no vehicle built for country roads,period.
I will stick to my old beaters,and as **** gets more complicated, i just charge more money to fix it.

-
Back