Gettin another A-body (hopefully)

-

64physhy

Reaction score
I was looking at classifieds today, and found a '74 Duster that I've had my eye on for 3 years, but wasn't for sale. Finally, it's for sale. Body is straight, not rusted out, original yellow paint in good condition, nice interior. It has a 318 with 302 heads, a Comp Cam (don't know specs) and lots of other performance goodies, but it smokes, but he's throwing in a running 318 with it. Has a dual snorkel scoop and go wing. He's asking $2800, which I am willing to pay. Just waiting for him to answer my reply. I sure hope it's not sold.

Here are some pics.

DB%20wheels%20b.jpg

DB%20Motor.jpg

HPIM1657.jpg

HPIM1576.jpg

Yeah, I'm not crazy about them either. The guy selling it must like them though, because he has them on a couple of his cars.

I got it! Just sent him the Payment. Too bad I won't get to pick it up for another 6 weeks. Time's really going to drag now.

The other 318 that comes with it is out of his '72 'Cuda, and he says it runs great. I'll probably drop that one in it while I rebuild the one that's in it now. Thinking of using BJR's 349 stroker combo or a variation of the 322 build for it. I also have an 8 3/4 rear end that I was going to use in the Barracuda, but looks like it's going in this one now. Just need to get LBP axles put in it, and a chunk with 3.91 or 4.10 sure grip. I can't wait to get back. Wife's worried she'll never see me know. She's probably right :D.

I'd KILL for the console!
He took out the bench and column shift and put in the buckets and console. Also has new carpet and headliner and woodgrain for the dash. Can't wait go go cruisin in it. I guess I'll let my wife drive the Barracuda now when we go to cruise nights.

-
Back