gettin rid of the torsion bars and k-frame..

-

greenhornet

Reaction score
I know theres not many straight axle guys on here, just wondering how much frame strength I'm going to lose when I get rid of the torsion bars and k-frame in my 66-valiant?? While I'm replacing the floorpans I'm going to weld in some frame connectors, I'm going to use a front engine plate with the 383, should I weld in a small crossmember on the front frame rails below where the shocks will mount??

That would be a smart idea to install a simple xmember, lets see some fab photos i like the idea of a str8 axle front end espescially on a drag car

That would be a smart idea to install a simple xmember, lets see some fab photos i like the idea of a str8 axle front end espescially on a drag car

When I get most everything ready I'll start a pic thread of the project... Sometimes the simplest concepts take the most thought and brain power...

For oil pan clearence, a friend has removed almost all of the K out of his 68 Dart. All that remains is the tabs at the mounting points and a piece of 1 x 3 tubing under the front of the engine. I was surprised that it was Super Stock I,J,K legal and strong enough to take a pounding, from a 383, but it does well and is now supporting a 68 Hemi.

-
Back