Getting a 1970 Duster thursday

-

Schneiderman

Reaction score
Weird how life can change. I had given up looking for an A-body months ago, then yesterday a friend told me he saw a duster for sale and urged me to go take a look at it. I was pretty pessimistic because in NY all you see are rusted out piles of crap that somebody is asking show car money for. Well, I'm glad I went to look.

Found a /6 1970 Duster being sold by the nephew of the original owner. 52,000 miles. Car is all original, except it has had some amateur bodywork done. It's not perfect by a long shot. But it runs good, is inspected till June, it felt great on a short test drive. Most of the body is surprisingly solid. It was stored inside most of the time. The vinyl roof is in great shape as is most of the interior, except for a couple tears in the seats. This car does not need much to be repaired, repainted and restored into a very nice driver, and that's what I intend to do. Deal is supposed to take place thursday. I guess the guy could still back out but I really don't think he will, he was a very nice man, he would not accept a deposit but assured me that the car is mine.

The next four days are going be be loooong.

duster.jpg

yes some times the wait sucks but when u get it home o happy day

When you get it home, We need more pics!!!!!

They are out there. My Duster is a NY car as well. I'm glad you found another one. When you get home post some more pics.Nice score and a great start for ya.

-
Back